Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
'05 ProCharged cts-V -Silver on Black
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Guys, I need some help!

I have a Cts-V as you can see by my sig, But my wife has an '03 Cts & she has been bugging me to remove the on star antenna on the rear window & put one on the rear roof that looks like mine does.

So the question is, Whats involved in taking the antenna off the rear window? & Does anyone make a fake stick on antenna to look like the later models ?
Any suggestions would be appreciated on this, Bob Johnson

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
I think that antenna was for the on-star, but that was the old analog system. If you didn't convert to digital, the antenna isn't doing much. I don't see why you can't just remove it.

I added an aftermarket XM and I placed the antenna in the center of the roof, but it's not as large as the stock antenna.

·
Registered
'05 ProCharged cts-V -Silver on Black
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that antenna was for the on-star, but that was the old analog system. If you didn't convert to digital, the antenna isn't doing much. I don't see why you can't just remove it.

I added an aftermarket XM and I placed the antenna in the center of the roof, but it's not as large as the stock antenna.

Thanks for the response Sammy Z,
Yeah, The antenna is the on star thats analog and doesn't work anyway, Just wondering the best way to take it off the glass without damage to the glass. And hoping someone makes some kinda stick on for the roof "functionality not required" It's just for looks

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
Careful with the heat gun, the sudden temp change on the glass could cause a crack. Also try a razor blade all the way around the base.

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
It will light a cigarette or start paper on fire. Better to start with a blow dryer, they don't get as hot.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Quarter stick of dynamite will remove it, but you might need to jack up the horn and put a new car underneath it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts