Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'05 CTS Luxury
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '05 with standard 7-speaker sound system. I want to replace the 4 door speakers. For the front speakers, am I better off with the:

1. Infinity Kappa 52.7i with its' 2 ohm impedance, 55 RMS, 55hz-25kHz, 94db ratings?

OR

2. Polk db525 with its' 4 ohm impedance, 45 RMS, 60hz-22kHz, 93 db ratings?

Given the relatively meager output to the door speakers and the configuration of the front cross-overs at the amp, which way do you think I'll net out better in terms of matching the speaker to the amp? Does anyone know if the cross-overs included with the Infinity speakers will play nicely with the factory set-up?

BTW, what are the RMS numbers for the stock speakers?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
If all you want to do is upgrade the speakers and save the factory amp, then the Kappa's are the way to go. Finding a 2 ohm dual voice coil free air 10" sub is near impossible that you can plug-n-play. In fact I did find 3 subs that were 2 ohm dual voice coil 10" but none were free air, so you would have to put them in a box or have a custom box made to mount under the sub in the deck. I did find a different solution for the sub by installing a powered Bazooka tube mounted under the deck, so that might be an alternative. Spend a little time and look for what kind of sound you want and budget you want to stay in. I couldn't find the tweeter crossovers, but that might be taken of by the factory amp.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts