Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a new head unit for my Cadillac because the tape deck is not going to cut it. Will any other model Cadillac with a CD player head unit be able to fit in the 1990 Deville? Because I don't want to really go after market. I want to make the car look original as possible. Because after looking around the Deville didn't even come with a CD player option until 1997 and that head unit looks to new/modern. So would it be possible for a Fleetwood's CD player be able to fit in?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
I'm looking for a new head unit for my Cadillac because the tape deck is not going to cut it. Will any other model Cadillac with a CD player head unit be able to fit in the 1990 Deville? Because I don't want to really go after market. I want to make the car look original as possible. Because after looking around the Deville didn't even come with a CD player option until 1997 and that head unit looks to new/modern. So would it be possible for a Fleetwood's CD player be able to fit in?
Best way to find out is go to a stereo store and look at the wiring harness adaptors. It will say fits all GM cars from blah to blah.....
you get the point. hope that helps ya

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
The DeVille has had the CD player option as long as the Fleetwood has. One from a Fleetwood should work because they're pretty much the same car. Probably the only thing you'll have to watch for is when they changed the connectors. Even though they look the same from the front I know the 1988 radio has different plugs then the 1991 radio does.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright well I looked up some stuff on cars.com and the 1990 Deville did come with a CD player option. I was looking up stuff on ww.carpoint.com and it said on their website that CD player was N/A for the 1990 Deville. So in other words don't go to carpoint.com to look up info on cars! They suck! So its off to find the 1990 CD player! YAY!!

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've done that before in my 1989 Nissan Maxima and the thing messed up my tape deck and then the only thing that worked was the radio. So I'm not doing that crap again

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
I was gonna reply when this thread was first made, but I had probalems logging in and making a reply...

....anyway, yes, there was a cdp out for the car, BUT it looks bad, and probally dosn't sound the best, honestly if your looking for somethign that matches, the tape deck is best, it has the knobs that match the light switch, the same white box outline as the dash etc..... but take a look, this is the cdp that was out at the time:

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6146&item=2442501070#mainImage[/url]

Plus, your gonna pay an arm and a leg for one of those...... if you wanted to keep the stock look, keep your HU and get a fm-modulated cd changer....

Does or car have the regular 4 speaker system or, like mine, the 6 speaker system? (2 6x9 on rear deck, 2 5 1/4" in front doors and 2 tweeters in dash)

My car normally had the tape deck, but when it was being picked up, it didn't work, so it was taken out and a cdp (that I chose) was put in (moms boyfriend went down, drove it up) the deck is an Alpine CDA-9807, one of the things i love about it is the silver face/blue buttons, IMO it blends in really good with the car...........

[IMG]http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/367000-367999/367639_4_full.jpg

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
i had a thought. You could mount the new CD player under the dash, so you cant see it. Get one with a remote and just keep the tape deck in the stock spot, not hooked up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts