Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings

From what I can see the car has all the factory components in place except for the air shocks.

My questions are: Can I use aftermarket air shocks? Where & What triggers the compressor to turn on,can I manually test the compressor to make sure it works.

Thanks-Hoonbash

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
This is from memory so bear with me!! on the level ride pump you should find a short wire not connected to anything with a female connector on it. Green wire if I remember. Use a jumper wire from the positive post on the battery to that short wire. That should turn on the pump. Aftermarket air shocks will bolt up but have a different diameter hose connection so the Delco air lines will not mount to the shock. Aftermarket hoses screw on with nylon nuts to the shock, GM's connect with an o ring and spring clip. You could possiby try hi temperature silicone vacuum hose slipped over the two different diameter air lines to adapt the lines? What triggers the pump is a height sensor attached to a control arm thru a threaded rod on the rear axle, passenger side. As the body drops down the lever moves up, signaling 12 volts to the underhood compressor. Once proper height is reached, the 12 volts is switched off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts