Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
02 Escalade/ 04 Escalade EXT
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am an Escalade owner, and usually stick on the Escalade section here on the forum.

Anyways, there is a local CADDY dealer where I live that has an '03 Black CTS for sale for $11K. Its a manual, V6, 3.2L, i'm sure you guys know the specs of it already. It is VERY nice and the interior is awesome, etc etc.

ONLY downside is that it has 135K miles on it!! All highway miles! I know thats a shitload for an '03, but i've been thinking about getting a daily driver car just to drive to/from work. Then I can park my EXT Escalade in the garage and only take it out when needed and save the miles on the truck as well.

SOoooooo, do you guys think this is a good deal? Maybe I can talk them down to $9K or so? Or what prices you guys think I start at as a counter offer??

Also, what should I look for in a CTS with that many miles. Anything in particular I should take a look at or should be worried about????

TIA guys. You guys are the CTS pros here, so with your opinions will really help! I plan to go look at it possibly tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, the more threads I read, the more problems I see the '03s are having. I'm having second thoughts now to maybe just stay away. I guess the best thing to do is to go see it for the hell of it and test drive it, etc.

Anyways, here are the options listed on their ad.
V6 3.2 Liter; 5 Speed Manual; RWD; Air Conditioning; Power Steering; Power Windows; Power Door Locks; Tilt Wheel; Cruise Control; AM/FM Stereo; Cassette; Multi Compact Disc; Bose Premium Sound; OnStar; Dual Front Air Bags; Front Side Air Bags; ABS (4-Wheel); Traction Control; Leather; Dual Power Seats; Moon Roof; Premium Wheels All advertised prices exclude government fees and taxes; any finance charges; any dealer document preparation charge; and any emission testing charge. - This vehicle was verified to be available as of 06/28/2007.

and a few pics they sent me.

I dont know. I'm starting to have second thoughts. haha.

Maybe somebody can run the vin and tell me the history?

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS
742 Posts
135K is a lot of miles, but it sure looks like a pretty clean car. I agree with Fly, i don't think it would be worth more than $8K. I have an 03 with the 3.2, I love it, drives great. one of the things to watch for with these is leaking rear dif/axle seals. i say if it feels right when you drive it, go for it, would be a heckuva daily driver.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does look clean as hell though. Maybe i'll start with $7K and work up a bit. But not over $8K. Of course, only if it drives good and pulls hard, etc etc.
I guess i'll give it a little more thought, before jumping on this. I just want a car to drive around town and to/from work like I said. Nothing crazy. maybe some nice wheels and lowered. Thats about it.

Also, for those CTS owners out there who have kids, have you guys put a baby car seat in the back? And does it fit okay? My wife is expecting and its our first, and I just want to make sure it fits okay.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked it up in kbb.com. I know its not exact, but just an estimate and its worth around $11K to $15K depending if its private party, retail, trade in value, etc.

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
Ya its funny....I came up with that and everyone uses it :D :D Fits our cars perfectly.....I had someone try to say they came up with it first.....I said do a search as I knew I came up with the Blackalac......they never said another word :histeric:
flip i think your part blackacracker

1 - 12 of 12 Posts