Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
None
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm considering a V that is a 2012 Thunder Grey sedan with 4300 miles and was just traded back to dealer after lease was up. It is a 6 speed manual with black wheels and yellow calipers. All options except Recaros(dammit). Dealer says car will not be a CPO unless I wanted to pay extra. It has about 10 months of factory warranty left. Initial price they told me is gonna be $48,500 which I know is way too high. I know I won't steal this car with a lowball offer so not looking for an insane low price. Not sure what to offer cause the no Recaros and not a CPO. I really want a CPO car so give me advice on what to offer with a full CPO warranty too. Thanks for helping a noob.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Manual - great, low miles - even better, Thunder Gray - awesome, No Recaro's - DEAL BREAKER.
$42-43k tops.

·
Registered
cts-v
71 Posts
That's some really low miles for a 2012. Surprised the original owner would take care of it like someone who owns the car... unless it was a track day car? Nadal use says $43500 clean trade in and $47600 for clean retail with those miles. First level of confidence would call for an inspection.

·
Registered
None
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really that low cause of the no Recaros? Good to know, appreciate it. They will prob tell me to piss off but I always expect that at dealerships.

·
Registered
17 Escalade,17 Chevy SS,88Corvette,71Corvette
458 Posts
Nice car with very low miles. If they just got it in they will sit on it for a bit. I bought mine over 1 1/2 yrs ago with 5k miles on it for 50k and have Recaros. Manual is great but they have this priced a bit high. I'd say 46 with the CPO warranty or work on them with the extended warranty. These cars are limited but they also have limited buyers too.

·
Registered
None
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I know tomorrow they will tell me the price is the price and that they have had several calls already on it. I found several comps that are 2012 sedans with 10k miles or less in the $43k range and are CPO with same options. Will show them the comps and see what they say.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,161 Posts
Give them your offer, which we all know they will not accept. Tell them thankyouverymuch and then give them your phone number. Ask them to call you when they are ready to sell it. Don't be a jerk or anything, this is just business. And then drive away. There are others. With Recaros.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I would walk away. Future resale value will be crap with no Recaros. Try to find a manual, no sunroof with Recaros and you are good to go!

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Mrd916, Do yourself a favor and test drive a V with and without Recaro's (if you haven't already done so).
If after that you aren't convinced that Recaro's are a must have, you can probably find plenty of non-Recaro V's and save some $.
I'm willing to bet you'll be shopping for a V with Recaro's. :)

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,161 Posts
I own a standard CTS with regular seats and a V with Recaros. Do what vfaninva suggested and satisfy yourself. I have my own answer, you make your own informed decision.

·
Registered
12 Wagon Hennessey 700, SB wheels, Corsa
160 Posts
I've experienced both seats, and I can say the stock Caddi seats are very uncomfortable for any amount of seat time. It would be a deal buster for me. But I must say the Recaros aren't perfect either, poor cooling air flow, little snaps and pop when cornering, and a trip to set up for your most comfortable driving position.

·
Registered
14,161 Posts
At least setting it up is the labor of love. I certainly didn't find that difficult. Of course, I had a 1200 smile drive to shake it out, plenty of time to get it right.

Everyone OK out there in OK, all things considered?

·
Registered
None
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got done with test drive and the back and forth dance over the price. As expected they didn't want to entertain my offer but then didn't want to let me leave. Went back and forth again but still pretty far apart. I sat in a new V coupe they had with the Recaros and they were nice but I didn't find them overwhelmingly comfortable but maybe they feel different when driving. Will see what happens, car was pristine in and out but prob should be for a 2012 with under 5k miles. Def know I want a manual transmission if I don't end up with this car. Forgot how much I missed rowing through the gears.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Recaros are firm. It doesn't feel like you fell into a Barcalounger. But, when you just drove 1100 miles over 20 hours and your back, and body, is not fatigued at all, then you know what's up...

·
Registered
14,161 Posts
Recaros are firm. It doesn't feel like you fell into a Barcalounger. But, when you just drove 1100 miles over 20 hours and your back, and body, is not fatigued at all, then you know what's up...
This quote nails it. I have driven my regular seats CTS wagon for hours and it it definitely a pain. After driving the V with Recaros by myself for a 12 hour day I was amazed how good I felt. I could have driven farther.

·
Registered
12 Wagon Hennessey 700, SB wheels, Corsa
160 Posts
At least setting it up is the labor of love. I certainly didn't find that difficult. Of course, I had a 1200 smile drive to shake it out, plenty of time to get it right.

Everyone OK out there in OK, all things considered?
We are fine here in Tulsa. But still have 3 days to turn that around.Needless to say, the V is staying inside for a while. :suspense:

·
Registered
None
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well the salesman texted me today and said there is a pending deal on the V but if I wanted it they would still sell it to me at the $47,900 price. I told them that I would get back to them today with my best deal. After I made a very reasonable offer he said he would get back to me. He texted me a little while later telling me the other salesman got an offer of $51,900 for the car and it was pretty much sold. I'm in Florida and had no idea the market was that strong for a V. Maybe being a manual sedan prompted a bidding war?

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
I bought a 2013 CPO, red sedan, 32,000 miles, 6 speed manual , recaros, suede steering wheel and shift cover, black wood option, polished aluminum wheels, new tires,sunroof and tinted windows. I got it in Bradenton,FL. at Tropical Cadillac, 2-1/2 months ago, for $42,000. I don't think they would have gave me as good a deal if it was an automatic. It had come off a 2 year lease and sat on the lot for 4 months. Per their policy they had just lowered lowered the asking price, after it was on the lot for that long and came down another $5,000 during the negotiating process. I figured the majority of potential used CTS-V buyers wanted an automatic in the sedan and the ones that wanted the manual were more interested in a coupe or wagon. I was a bit skeptical at how easy they were to negotiate with, but it had a clear carfax and came with the CPO warranty. Everything has been good since I bought it.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,840 Posts
Mrd916 said:
Well the salesman texted me today and said there is a pending deal on the V but if I wanted it they would still sell it to me at the $47,900 price. I told them that I would get back to them today with my best deal. After I made a very reasonable offer he said he would get back to me. He texted me a little while later telling me the other salesman got an offer of $51,900 for the car and it was pretty much sold. I'm in Florida and had no idea the market was that strong for a V. Maybe being a manual sedan prompted a bidding war?
My guess is you are being played. Hard.

·
Registered
None
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have no idea what is going on with this place. If they are playing me then it's a dumb tactic cause I haven't changed my offer once. I showed them comps on the car websites and made them my offer which was even higher than what most of u guys said it was worth. I haven't dealt with these old school tactics in a long time so not sure why they think this is a good plan. I guess maybe it works once in awhile.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts