Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium, Red
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice to upgrade my 2012 Performance. It's been great but I think I would like to upgrade to a Premium with the driver awareness, cooled seats, etc. While my current 2012 is fine the a/c is,average at best, and living in South Florida makes driving a warm experience. Couple that with the blind spots at both the A pillar and C pillar, and I develop an interest about an upgrade. I cannot afford a new vehicle but I was considering a 2013 or 2014. Anyone know if there are any significant differences between those 2 years? I figure this is the best source to get an honest response. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts
Yeah, I would have the climate control system checked out. My '14 was fine last summer with temps into the high 90's. Sight lines will be the same in the '13/'14s as they are with your '12.

·
Registered
2015 CTS
596 Posts
We opted for a '13 because we wanted the CUE and we are glad we did. I think a used '13/'14 premium would be a smart buy.

·
Registered
2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD
360 Posts
Yes, go for the premium, you will like it a lot. I have 2013 premium, love it. The CUE system takes a little learning, but not bad.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
Upgraded from a 2010 Premium to a 2013 Premium. Night and day difference. 2010 had close to 80K on it, still under CPO when I traded it. Got over 19K for the trade.
Driver Awarness Package :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Adaptive Cruse Control :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Bigger Engine :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Softer Seats :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Heated Steering Wheel: NY Area :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Better ride :thumbsup:
Spare Tire :thumbsup:
CUE System Eh.... :thumbsup:
Gas Millage: :thumbdown:

2013 to 2014, I think the Remote is a newer style, silver on the buttons on the door. Other than that, I don't think much.... Try Auto Trader...

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium, Red
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys. Yes the cabin a/c filter was replaced and the air is cool but the auto fan does not often start on "high" as the configuration is set, even with outside temps close to 100 and the a/c set at 68. Rented a 2015 a few weeks back and that a/c was perfect. I think part of the problem is that huge dashboard, being black, heats up, and it turn, heats up the a/c ducts taking a long time to cool down. I have a friend at a local dealership keeping his eyes open for a premium for me. Just got a 2015 Nissan Murano Platinum for my wife and was sold on the air conditioned seats and the driver awareness package.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Since you are looking to upgrade a car that's only three years old, have you considered leasing? We put 15-20k miles on our cars and lease both. If you sell them right before end of the lease or get a an early termination deal, you end up with a good deal. You get a brand new car, full warranty and maintenance with used car car payments ;-)

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Premium silver-coast/shale-brownstone
709 Posts
I love my 2014 premium! Minimal differences between 2013 and 2014. 2013 is first year with CUE though, but through dealer installed updates quirks are delt with. However be aware that the 2014 will have newer hardware (chips) so it supposely responds quicker. As for body, almost no changes other than rims & colour availabilities.

Max

1 - 10 of 10 Posts