Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Deville
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 Deville has been idling very erratic. Code 0101 current. Replaced MAF and MAP Sensors. Checked for vacuum leak. Sprayed TB cleaner on side of Throttle Body next to motor (Plenum??) and engine races. Seems like gasket is leaking . How difficult is this to replace? Any advice is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,999 Posts
Are you sure it is not the "plenum" (rubber coupler) between the TB and manifold? That seems to be becoming somewhat common lately.

·
Registered
2000 Deville
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is possible (Is it about 1/2 " to 1"wide and connects the TB to the large black metal part which apparently distributes the fuel to the cylinders). Looks like there is a large hose clamp right up against the TB. If so, is it simply a matter of loosing that clamp and replacing the rubber piece? Hopefully don't have to take the TB off.

By the way you were right about a month ago relative to replacing front wheel bearing. Mine made a growling sound - took about an hr and 1/2 to replace. Thanks again you are always helpful

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,999 Posts
Thanks.

Do a search for "plenum". It has been recently discussed. I am not sure , but I think I remember someone (maybe Ewill3rd) saying that the manifold (or TB) needs to be removed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts