Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys..... I currently drive a Mercedes GL450 SUV....was just at the Pennsylvania auto show and was definitely impressed by the 2015 Escalade Platinum they had there! The interior beats my MB big time! I would want the Platinum 4WD standard length.....anybody here made the jump from MB? ....what should i be expecting or looking for? Because of where I go....the 4WD will be essential....the MB is AWD. The ride and handling of the Benz is very nice...but again, the interior of the Caddy is way more "up to date" and the fit and finish looks and feels so much better! Comments/suggestions from you "veterans" would be most helpful! thanks ahead of time.....

·
Registered
19 CTS-V, 17 Escalade, 88Corvette,71Corvette
467 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! There are many that went from a GL450 to the Escalade on the forums here and some still have their GLs. I looked at the GL before getting my 2015. I have a Luxury ESV so in comparing there was no comparison...size mattered! There are areas where the Caddy has over the Benz and where the Benz has over the Caddy. I'm sure others will chime in soon. Good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,730 Posts
I have cross shopped the GL model when I was looking for a second SUV since I already have hybrid. I ended up buying the Range Rover sport since it felt more luxurious than the GL450 or GL550. The GL drives like an S class which is a positive but it takes away the ruggedness of an SUV. The air matic suspension of previous models were not any good. Although it is a 4matic AWD there is an off road version that has a dual transfercase. Since I also bought my daughter a GLK350 4matic with multimedia package, MB quality is noticeable since it is built in Germany still not in Alabama. The MB multimedia doesn't have touchscreen! It might have newest safety features like a real MB but you have to get the distronic package for it. Unlike the Sclass the GL still doesn't have the driver awareness where if a pedestrian, a bike or a car crosses the street it will stop the SClass by itself. The premium and platinum escalade has this but I have not tried it or there is no video about it.

Plus for the escalade, it has drivers assistance package for premium and platinum. 4 dvd for the platinum, two for the premium. It can tow up to 8100 lbs. they change the final gear ratio to 3.2 not 3.1. 360 camera, 8 speed, real 4wd standard. The rest is just icing!

·
Registered
2015 ESV Premium
415 Posts
Welcome also.. I didn't really take the GL model into consideration since I needed more room then GL has..plus I don't like the 3rd row seating in the GL.. Escalade ESV gives you much more room and I think it drives better in northeast weather..

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome also.. I didn't really take the GL model into consideration since I needed more room then GL has..plus I don't like the 3rd row seating in the GL.. Escalade ESV gives you much more room and I think it drives better in northeast weather..
Glad to hear the comment about the northeast weather....if i jump from the AWD of the Benz, there will probably be a "learning curve" with regard to the "auto 4wd" mode that I see on the Escalade.....the power, retractable running boards are REALLY nice....seems to make getting an out so much easier than on the GL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts