Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Cadillac STS Black on Black 99,800 miles
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just purchased a full set of cross drilled slotted rotors. I got all 4 rotors and 2 sets of pads for a great price of 192 with free shipping! So I went to do my brakes today and had no problem with the front. Bing bam boom done in 30-45 mintues. But when it came time for the rear it was a different story. I have owned 2 acuras before my cadillac and am familiar with the parking brake being integrated into the caliper, but why is there only one bolt that holds the caliper to the bracket? How do you remove the caliper from the caliper bracket? I was just going to skip that step and go right for removing the whole braket with the caliper, but the parking brake cable is in the way of the top 18mm bolt that holds the bracket to the hub/spindle and I don't have a 18mm wrench. I figured I'd do a little research before I ended up messing anything up, but I figure there has got to be some way to remove the caliper from the bracket. Any and all advice/ideas are welcome! Any pictures would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you all very much!

·
Registered
2000 DHS
535 Posts
There is one bolt and a sliding pin that the rear caliper mounts with. Remove the bolt, swing the caliper up and slide it off the pin, usually a tight fit on the pin but wiggle it enough and it will come off.

·
Registered
97 Cadillac STS Black on Black 99,800 miles
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for the advice and such a quick reply. I will most definetly try that out tommorow morning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts