Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Deville
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone Know where I can buy a door panel for a 2002 Deville.
It is a right rear. The color is White Diamond. I managed to tear up my rivet mounts and wont be able to snap it back in place.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
White diamond would be the paint color. Are you looking for a door or interior door panel?

Salvage yard, ebay, car-part.com

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,270 Posts
Anyone Know where I can buy a door panel for a 2002 Deville.
It is a right rear. The color is White Diamond. I managed to tear up my rivet mounts and wont be able to snap it back in place.
====================
there are three different upholstery styles of door panels -

the BASE model has a smooth panel -
the DHS panel is pleated -
the DTS panes has perforated upholstery -

the color you are looking for is called "oatmeal" -

·
Registered
1995 SEDAN DEVILLE-4.9 & 1978 SEDAN DEVILLE-425
1,673 Posts
White diamond would be the paint color. Are you looking for a door or interior door panel?

Salvage yard, ebay, car-part.com
Been looking for a "rear door outer skin" for my '95 Deville---nothing on E-bay,I`ll check salvage yards and car-part.com

·
Registered
26,323 Posts
Yeah you can't reuse a door skin. No point anyway as it would cost several times more in labor than a whole door would cost.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,270 Posts
Been looking for a "rear door outer skin" for my '95 Deville---nothing on E-bay,I`ll check salvage yards and car-part.com
====================
you would have a much better chance
finding an entire door -
painted the correct color -
than finding a new door skin -

·
Registered
1995 SEDAN DEVILLE-4.9 & 1978 SEDAN DEVILLE-425
1,673 Posts
A couple years back a hit and run drunk caved in the rear left door of my `95 Deville while I was stopped at a light.
Long story short, I was short on cash at the time so the same body shop that recently painted/body worked my `78 Deville,
just removed the door skin on my `95 and reformed it the best they could. Still can see some rippling/slight bulging at certain angles.
One way to get it back to looking new with no ripples/bulges is new skin and could always be painted to match.
I also have a stainless rocker panel on it which would have to be removed and put on new skin.
Seems like a whole new door would be more labor in having to remove old and re-attache new and hook up the electronics
and having to match inner door color to original interior color IMHO.
According to the body shop owner they put on new skins quit often.
I should check with him to see what`s more cost efficient.

Thanks for the info--perhaps a new door is the best way to go-- I don`t know yet.

·
Registered
26,323 Posts
A used door is cheap. Painting it is straight forward. Removing a skin without damaging it, reattaching it to a new door and sealing it is much more labor intensive.

The electronics stay in it.

The door panel swap takes no more effort, as the existing one has to come off to remove the exterior door handle anyway.

Unless they're comparing it to the price of a new door, I don't see how they're charging less for a resin. And if they are, I wouldn't trust the work at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts