Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added the K&N air filter last night but I don't think I got a good seal. The filter seemed just a bit small but this morning when I pushed the button to recirculate the air, I got a blinking symbol (3x) then it goes away but never recirculates the air. I have a feeling this telling me the filter is in wrong or not sealed properly. Any tips?

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
dqw1 said:
I added the K&N air filter last night but I don't think I got a good seal. The filter seemed just a bit small but this morning when I pushed the button to recirculate the air, I got a blinking symbol (3x) then it goes away but never recirculates the air. I have a feeling this telling me the filter is in wrong or not sealed properly. Any tips?
The air for the cabin comes in from the area near the wipers. The K&N engine filter is only for engine intake. In other words one has nothing to do with the other.

If it won't go on "recirculate" that probably means that you have the climate control in "heater" or "floor only" mode. GM recirc mode won't come on in that mode. Switch the mode to the upper vents, combo, or defrost, and it should work fine.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that was exactly correct. Happy New Years!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
homer403 said:
Well, according to the tech person at K&N, the bead of grease is no longer even needed on the drop in filter.
Hey Happy New Year, D....., long time no see/speak. I've been laying a bit low recently as the world turns. How goes it?

D

(I guess it's OK to thread jack since the Q has been answered)

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, i put the grease following the enclosed instructions but I'm feeling that since I haven't noticed anything different as in "wrong", no alarm indications, i did it correctly. Goes quite nicely with the Magnaflow exhaust I just installed.

·
Registered
05 cts v 06 2.8 cts
192 Posts
Had a KN but found it filtered terribly . Put in a Airaid drop in and don't get fine dust leaking into the intake tube now like before!!!!:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts