Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
02 STS
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just had the tires rotated on the 02STS and i now have the vibration problem when i hit 65mph i had this problem in the past and had tires balanced no more problem so question is should the dealership have balanced the tires when they rotaded them and is this causing the vibration to be happening again:helpless:

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
They may have only balanced the front when you were getting the vibration last time. So moving the still unbalanced rear wheels to the front may be what caused your problem.

·
Registered
2010 Black Cherry CTS AWD
263 Posts
This is a common problem with the Seville. I'm not sure what the cause is though. I just brought my car to my local dealership to get my power steering rack replaced and to take care of the shake in my 99 SLS. I'm friends with the owner of the dealership and he said that here are several things that can fix it. I should be picking the car up tomorrow, so, I'll ask him what he did to get rid of it. One of the techs at the dealership recommended that the wheels be rebalanced by a "roadforce" balancing machine. I don't think that's the actual name of the machine but what it does is tell you where to add more weight to the wheel which is supposed to make it have better contact with the road thus making it smoother contact. I'll find all of this stuff out and post it on this thread. For now, I'm online right now to research that machine and see what it's all about . Good luck and let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I need a little help also I have a 91 eldo and my fan doesnt come on till 210 degrees and then it starts running hot in town but on highway it never runs hot I replased the radiator and thermostat and the prob continues what do you think I would like to know thank you

·
Registered
263 Posts
Here's a link to that machine that I was talking about...

www.gsp9700.com

It explains how the machine works and you can find the nearest one to you also.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
Road force balance is the way to go. I just went through the same problem. Spin balance did diddly. Road force all but curred it. The machind is called a "Hunter" GSP9700 raod force balancer. Check out Hunter's site and there is a good explaination there.

Edit: Ah, Mac beat me to it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ranger said:
Road force balance is the way to go. I just went through the same problem. Spin balance did diddly. Road force all but curred it. The machind is called a "Hunter" GSP9700 raod force balancer. Check out Hunter's site and there is a good explaination there.

Edit: Ah, Mac beat me to it.
Hell yeah! I feel great tonight, I answered a mechanical issue and it was the same answer that Ranger gave. :dance: I feel so smart. By the way Ranger, I'm thinking about putting new tires on my 99 SLS. I went to tirerack.com to look up what would be the best for my car and I found the 235/60vr/16 by Kohmo. I can't find anything bad about these tires, do you know anything (good/bad) about them? Thanks in advance for the response.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I replaced the original Micelin's on my '97 Eldorado with HydroEdge from Michelin. They are excellent tires ... very smooth at any speed and quiet. :) I purchased them from TireRack and had them installed and balanced at one of their recommended installers. Their spin balance wasn't good enough for me. :want: I took the car to another tire specialty shop and had them balanced with the Hunter machine. End of vibration! :yup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I need a little help also I have a 91 eldo and my fan doesnt come on till 210 degrees and then it starts running hot in town but on highway it never runs hot I replased the radiator and thermostat and the prob continues what do you think I would like to know thank you

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
texasmarine said:
You should really start a new thread for this, rather than hijacking someone elses thread. Since you're new we'll be leanient though.

First off, :welcome: :wave:

The fans can only pull air through the radiator at about 40 mph. So if you were driving at over 40mph all the time, you wouldn't need any fans. Since it's overheating at low speeds that tells me that either the fan isn't working at all, or it is spinning too slow. Turn off the a/c and see if they come on at all. I doubt it. I think it's not the fan that is bad, but the relay. The fans have two relays, one that the a/c uses to turn them on and one that the PCM uses to turn them on when the engine gets hot. Switch the one that works with the PCM with the one for your headlights and see if they work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts