Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy's I just did a bunch of mods and I'm not happy with my tune. I think the guy tunning it is new to this combo and I need it right. From what i see in the dyno sheets I gained only 60lbs or so and 10HP. And I added a 10" lower and D3 lid spacer and a ERA CAI from a modded box. I think from the added boost alone I should have seen 30HP min. I was thinking of going to East Coast Supercharging "ECS" in NJ but I have to see how far they are to me. Do you guys know of a grea tunner for our cars? Is ECS "the guys"?

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
If you'd go to NJ, go a little further to Behe Performance Tuning. They can tune anything!

·
Registered
2011 V-Coupe (600+rwhp) ; Black Raven, Manual, Recaros
651 Posts
Tune Time Performance in Tomes River, NJ is good too but they're also about 3 hours from CT.

·
Registered
Cadillac
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guy's what about East Coast Super Charging in NJ? they are 3 hours from me but I want it done right.

·
Registered
Cadillac
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What about Jannetty in waterbury,ct
I've used Ted before but I don't think he's worked on many or any V's.....Not sure. I was hoping to find someone that has worked on a bunch of V's. I know my guy has worked on many vettes but I also think this ECU has a lot more there than he's used to but I may be wrong. I may be caught up in the whole 600RWH thing. I thought with my mods I should be there but I may be wrong. Is there a big diff between the stick and auto numbers? Maybe most of the 600hp guys have sticks?

·
Registered
651 Posts
I just had a very good experience at TTP in NJ. Mike at New Era recommended them to me. He told me Matt is a very good tuner.

I gained 21rwhp from adding the New Era CAI. Matt was very pleasant and he tuned my car the best so far..

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I'll say it again, Behe in Eldersburg, MD is VERY knowledgeable in tuning and can tune anything. It's where Lindsay Cadillac sends guys if they have tune issues. They hosted a V day in Sept '09 and I was impressed enough that I took my '09 there last April. I've got a few mods and have had ZERO issues with them in a year's driving with 2 track days.

http://www.beheperformance.com/tuning.html

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V
1,651 Posts
I just had a very good experience at TTP in NJ. Mike at New Era recommended them to me. He told me Matt is a very good tuner.

I gained 21rwhp from adding the New Era CAI. Matt was very pleasant and he tuned my car the best so far..
Nice. The New Era is sweet, eh?

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'll say it again, Behe in Eldersburg, MD is VERY knowledgeable in tuning and can tune anything. It's where Lindsay Cadillac sends guys if they have tune issues. They hosted a V day in Sept '09 and I was impressed enough that I took my '09 there last April. I've got a few mods and have had ZERO issues with them in a year's driving with 2 track days.

http://www.beheperformance.com/tuning.html
I'm sure Behe does good work; however, I think Eldersburg, MD is 5 hours from my house which is too far; TTP was less than 2 hours. Behe also uses a Dynapack dyno which I'm not sure about. I've read that Mustang dynos are better.

·
Registered
Cadillac
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I have an appointment this Tuesday at TTP with Matt. It looks like they are 3 hours away but if they do it right that’s fine by me. From what Matt said they use a Mustang dyno. I had mine on a Dyno jet last time. Is there a difference between the two? I have heard there is? Which is better or does it really matter? Matt said he has something called street simulator? I guess the dyno can simulate the card driving around the streets instead of just WOT runs? Sounds real good to me. What‘s a strong HP number for a Mustang dyno? On the Dyno jet I was 556HP.:bigroll:

·
Registered
04 CTS-V and 94 SLS
149 Posts
I have been looking into these guys due to good recommendations on LS1.com... they offer a dyno and street tune which should be the best of both worlds.

http://www.slowhawkperformance.com/

I have not gone to them yet but they are LS oriented and have some pretty cool customer cars. They are in southern Mass Jim have you heard about them??

·
Registered
651 Posts
Well I have an appointment this Tuesday at TTP with Matt. It looks like they are 3 hours away but if they do it right that’s fine by me. From what Matt said they use a Mustang dyno. I had mine on a Dyno jet last time. Is there a difference between the two? I have heard there is? Which is better or does it really matter? Matt said he has something called street simulator? I guess the dyno can simulate the card driving around the streets instead of just WOT runs? Sounds real good to me. What‘s a strong HP number for a Mustang dyno? On the Dyno jet I was 556HP.:bigroll:
As I mentioned in my pm to you, do not get frustrated by the lower numberss from Mustang dynos. My car's HP/TQ numbers on TTP's dyno were about 11% lower than my dynojet numbers from a few weeks ago and about 9% lower than my results from ECS Dynapack dyno about 1 month ago after Doug adjusted my rich air/fuel from wait4m. What's more important is the gain your car makes from the first dyno pull to the final dyno pull after the tune.

Not that it matters, but the dyno at TTP is the most impressive I've seen; he must have paid big money for it.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I have been looking into these guys due to good recommendations on LS1.com... they offer a dyno and street tune which should be the best of both worlds.

http://www.slowhawkperformance.com/

I have not gone to them yet but they are LS oriented and have some pretty cool customer cars. They are in southern Mass Jim have you heard about them??
I have heard about them but I have not heard of any firsthand experience with them...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts