Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Have an '88 Brougham D'Elegance, and I just can't seem to find a decent mechanic that still knows how to work on these cars. Does anyone in the Toronto area know a good mechanic?

Thanks for any help that is forthcoming.

·
Registered
643 Posts
torontofleetwood said:
Hi Guys,

Have an '88 Brougham D'Elegance, and I just can't seem to find a decent mechanic that still knows how to work on these cars. Does anyone in the Toronto area know a good mechanic?

Thanks for any help that is forthcoming.
Honest Straighforward guys. Martini's Auto around 427 and Dundas are really good. They specialize in GM/Corvettes and Domestic cars for sure. They aren't the cheapest guys, but they will NEVER do any unnecessary work and do a proper job of things.

Avoid Cochrane Motors at all costs. They are theives and charge you up the a$$!

·
Registered
522 Posts
I know its been a couple years since this post but Im new to toronto and I need a good caddy mechanic....martini's number changed and itsnt working....got any other shops?

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
There's another Martini's at (905) 270-7870.

2531 Wharton Glen, Mississauga.

But with such a new car, the dealership would have the best trained technicians and the most up-to-date service literature. Martini's might not have the computers or the skills to deal with OBD-II.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I used to be a mechanic, but now I don't have the facilities available to work on cars myself. I use the place I bought my '91 Brougham from back in October 2007.

Canadian General Auto Centre at 431, Danforth Road, Scarborough, ON M1L 3X8. It's at the intersection with Birchmount. They've been into Caddies for years and work on all years. It's a family run business and Steve, the boss is a super nice guy.

I've spent a lot of money there, but the price has always been good for the work done and Steve will keep the old parts to show you just how bad they were :eek:. He always uses OEM or better quality parts.

They've done the radiator, heater core, alternator, brakes all round, brake hoses, all shocks, full engine tune, etc.

Give Steve a call on 416-691-6465 and tell him Martin recommended him to you.

Here's a pic in Sunnybrook Park.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone go and checked this place out? I am planning to go there however wanted to know the feedback...
Checked review in google and it is pretty good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
jamespt79