Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Chrome CTS LP, 04 Cluster, WW sidemarkers, lower mesh grille
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys....well its finally time to HARDCORE looking for a car. I'm ready to buy something NOW. I am looking for a 3.6l manual. I have found a little under 20 throughout the whole united states. I am hoping to still get the caddy so I can stay part of the forums...but it is extremely hard to find this car. I found plenty of 3.2l, but thats what I had b4 the accident, and want to upgrade or get a differ car. 3.2l just didnt have enough power mods or power for me.

If anyone finds one around tampa florida, please let me know as I am ready to buy like NOW. Hope you guys can help me out here! lol im getting pretty desperate and dont know how long I can hold of purchasing a car. This car needs to be found VERY VERY VERY SOON! All help is appreciated!:worship::worship:

NO AUTOMATICS!!!!! NO AUTOMATICS!!!!

JONNY!!!

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
wow you RARELY sign on jonny...

u know, u can supercharger the 3.2L ... not the 3.6
you can put NOS on a 3.2L ..but so far, not on a 3.6
you'll save a couple G's if u buy a 3.2L and not a 3.6
you can transfer parts that you already paid for on your 3.2L onto another 3.2L

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts

all that stuff is DIY and if im correct from a post a read from some time ago he was going to get a SC from RSM but then they discontinued it. why dont you get that z you always wanted:D

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
i never wanted a Z... a Z is a nissan...

crack kills, juan... it kills..

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS Sport
48 Posts
Did you call Costal, Up in Port Richey?

I know they had alot of 07's in stock last week?

Don't know if they had any standards.

Give them a call

Check Caddilac.com and search the inventory that way. You can look at all the dealers in a 500 miles area

Call Costal up and ask for Paul Wittke. He's a great salemen and maybe can help you in your quest.

Tell him Tony the Cop sent ya from Spring Hill
Good Luck

T

COASTAL CADILLAC, INC.
9921 US HWY 19, PORT RICHEY, FL 34668-3850
Phone: ( 727 ) 842-9700
Fax: ( 727 ) 849-8109

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
tonyretnypd your car looks great! :highfive: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS Sport
48 Posts
Thanks Kid, I really love the Sunset blue color, New this year from Caddy.

Also Zaino Bros Wax is the Bomb. Unreal stuff. 5 coats of Z2 with the activator and several coats of the new Clear seal ( Real good stuff)

Also got some nice chrome tips and tints

Here is another shot

T

Click the pic for a larger image

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
clear sidemarkers + fogs, keep the stock grille, put chrome exhaust tips on, the car will be awe inspiring!!!

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS Sport
48 Posts
Tips are on.

Got them here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-CTS-Polished-Exhaust-Tips-Tailpipes-Set-of-2_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33633QQihZ015QQitemZ250146592192QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Gonna wait till the weather cools down to start ripping the bumper off.

I think youre right I'll keep the stock bumper.

The pics don't really show the color right,Looks even better in person, More like it's description "Sunset Blue"

Looks more Gunmetal in the pics.

Thanks Again for the kind comments

T

·
Registered
Chrome CTS LP, 04 Cluster, WW sidemarkers, lower mesh grille
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys! I have checked like every possible used car site out there. I have found some 3.6l manuals but all out of state. There are less than 20 3.6l manuals inside the USA according to auto trader. I havent found really anything.

Caddy - I had the 3.2l I know it can be supercharged/nox which I have already ventured down. The 3.2l can only handle so much power...if I am correct no more than 350 to the crank before you probably blow a gasket.

The internals are not all that great. That is why I am passing on the 3.2l. Supercharging is kind of out of the question. I was going to do an engine swap before I got in the accident and totalled the car. Was going to hit the 600 - 700 hp range and even possibly up to 1,000 when finely tuned.

I dont want to be spending the $$ for engine swap, since my insurance has gone up now. I would be happy with the 3.6l. I dont think the statement is true of doing nox to the 3.6l. I dont think anyone in here has tried it...but I know it can be done.

I cant spend more than $20,000 which is probably another problem. But I have been looking for cars listed at $22,500.

Tony, I will check into it. I will try to give him a call and see what he says. If anyone else happens to come across one PLEASE LET ME KNOW!:worship:

Thanks for chiming in guys!!! It is much appreciated!

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
okay well i just called my dealership for u...
guy told me he doesnt have on in a manual 3 6 ... sry, good luck.

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts

Ummm yeah. You can do all of those things easily on a 3.6. The only reason it hasnt been done yet is because the 3.6 ECU became tuneable in the past couple of months.

Since the 3.6 ECU can now be tuned adding those things to a 3.6 is actually safer, easier, and more efficient than adding them to a 3.2.

The 3.2 is dead. With the 3.6 being put in MANY other cars you can bet that aftermarket stuff will really pick up.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
who tuned their 3.6?????

lol jk nick :thepan:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts