Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys Im looking to make a new air intake system for my 3.2. Im looking to combine the K&N with the factory setup. i was just wondering if anyone had an old factory 3.2 setup laying around?? Im looking for the airbox and actual intake tube. Obviously I will pay for shipping and post info on the system I come up with. Let me know please! I am also willing to purchase the old parts!

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
nickc50310 said:
Hey guys Im looking to make a new air intake system for my 3.2. Im looking to combine the K&N with the factory setup. i was just wondering if anyone had an old factory 3.2 setup laying around?? Im looking for the airbox and actual intake tube. Obviously I will pay for shipping and post info on the system I come up with. Let me know please! I am also willing to purchase the old parts!
I've got a Volant on its way, should be here within a few days. Give me another few days beyond that to make sure its gonna work out and then you can have my old stock intake. One issue though, I performed a "TonyA" mod on it a while back so I dont know if that will interfere with your plans...

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good borther! No prob on the TonyA mod. Now I just need to find someone with an intake tube. Is it true that the K&N setup comes with a new tube?? If so, does it have all the ports and stuff for the valve things??

·
Registered
413 Posts
No, the K&N doesn't replace the tubing on the 3.2L. The only place that does that is RSM Racing, and their intake costs over $500.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I think the K&N replaces the rubber flex tube that comes out of the airbox with a hard plastic piece, but leaves the remainder of the intake system alone. I know Odysseus tested this system in his "intake challenge" so you could try asking him exactly what is included.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Cadiman1983 said:
No, the K&N doesn't replace the tubing on the 3.2L. The only place that does that is RSM Racing, and their intake costs over $500.
wrong-ski.

the k&n does indeed replace the stock flex tube with a hard tube on the 3.6 and 3.2 intakes. the difference comes with Volant. on the 3.6 the volant uses a hard tube, on the 3.2 it requires the stock flex tube.

and yes, the k&n and volant tubes both have the acceptor for the MAF to plug in. odyssues used my k&n for his dyno run. currently it's sitting here in a box...i've had the volant installed on my car for months now.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Triple I thought you sold your K&N on e-bay. If you still have it I would love to buy it!! Get at me ASAP!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Picked up and installed my K&N. I know some people don't like the added noise of it, but I absolutely LOVE it. The sound to me is just fantastic, and I'm practically peeing myself in anticipation of combining that sound with my Borla exhaust!

And there's always the "anticipation" or "just in the head" factor" but to me, I do perceive a bit of an extra jump when you really stomp on it. Hey, an extra 13 hp at the wheels is nothing to sneeze at :)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
nickc50310 said:
Hey Triple I thought you sold your K&N on e-bay. If you still have it I would love to buy it!! Get at me ASAP!
i did try, but i didn't sell it. it's currently sitting here in a box doing a whole lot of nothing. now, there WAS someone who was interested, but he's been *****-footin around for 3 weeks now...so i'll send him an e-mail sometime today or tomorrow and tell him if he wants it, he better send me the money or i already have a buyer ready to rock. i'll let you know via PM.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont think i can pm yet. i got cash money for it right now (paypal, LOL)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
yeah well, my paypal account is all jazzed up right now. i'm gonna go ahead and e-mail that dude right now and hopefully he responds back soon. i think you'll like it...axn seems to be a big fan.

and yes, i see that you can't PM now, better get yourself up to 50 right quick, mister.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yeah, I still love the K&N kit. I demo'ed it for some friends today and they were also impressed by it.

If you're looking for something quiet, the K&N is not it, but if you don't mind a little growl, you'll be very pleased :)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
dang, now you've got me wanting to find a k&n just to try it out. I'm liking my Volant a lot so far though so I'm happy. The volant gives a little more noise throughout the rpm range than stock, without being intrusive. I performed the "TonyA" mod on my old stock intake and was getting quite a lot of resonance at certain rpms. thats gone now and is replaced with a smoother, more aggressive growl.

·
Registered
447 Posts
DDS rollin a CTS said:
dang, now you've got me wanting to find a k&n just to try it out. I'm liking my Volant a lot so far though so I'm happy. The volant gives a little more noise throughout the rpm range than stock, without being intrusive. I performed the "TonyA" mod on my old stock intake and was getting quite a lot of resonance at certain rpms. thats gone now and is replaced with a smoother, more aggressive growl.
I'm not sure it'd be worth switching between intakes if you're fairly happy with yours? Unless you find a buyer for your old one...I'd hate for you to not like the K&N and have it be my fault.:bonkers:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Nah, I'm sticking with the Volant. I like the looks of it better than the K&N too. Just mentioning it'd be interesting to try out the K&N to see what it was like.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so whats up on your stock intake dds? how much you want for it?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
nickc50310 said:
so whats up on your stock intake dds? how much you want for it?
That depends, how much you got? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
not much! LOL. Name a price!

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.2 & 2014 ATS 2.0T
94 Posts
TripleOught said:
yeah well, my paypal account is all jazzed up right now. i'm gonna go ahead and e-mail that dude right now and hopefully he responds back soon. i think you'll like it...axn seems to be a big fan.
and yes, i see that you can't PM now, better get yourself up to 50 right quick, mister.
Were you trying to email me? I never got anything. I was the one interested before xmas... Still interested...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts