Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the faster way to reset the idle speed other than that long idling procedure in the Owners Manual?

I'm also having the rough idle thing -- fear it's an injector or two. Stinks like rich at idle and MPG is down. 48k miles. Installed 8 Bosch Platinum Plus 4 plugs, new Bosch wires, 1 can Gumout FI cleaner, new EGR valve -- nothing helped.

Code 52 shows after battery disconnect, so I don't think I'm registering idle speed correctly.

Need the complete diagnostic code list, too.

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Faster way of Resetting the idle speed? No idea. But with the rich idle, check your fuel pressure regulator. Pull the vacuum hose off the diaphram, and see if gas comes out. If it does, your fuel pressure regulator is bad and is allowing the car to draw in gas into the manifold through the vacuum lines. Code 52 basically means you disconnected the battery. It is something along the lines of ECM memory reset.

·
Registered
1 Posts
According to lindertech.com the following are considered a common pattern of failure in the caddies:

1990 4.5 VIN “3” and 1991-1993 4.9 VIN “B” Cadillac. We have Bosch injectors for both of these engines to replace the problem multecs.
I had the dealer diagnose my bad injectors which they can do down to the exact cylinder thats having problems, then I ordered a used set from Linder. I saved some money but earlier this year I found myself with 3 bad ones again so I ordered 8 new units online for about $80 each vs. dealer $170 each!​

Ryan Lloyd said:
What is the faster way to reset the idle speed other than that long idling procedure in the Owners Manual?
Ryan Lloyd said:
I'm also having the rough idle thing -- fear it's an injector or two. Stinks like rich at idle and MPG is down. 48k miles. Installed 8 Bosch Platinum Plus 4 plugs, new Bosch wires, 1 can Gumout FI cleaner, new EGR valve -- nothing helped.

Code 52 shows after battery disconnect, so I don't think I'm registering idle speed correctly.

Need the complete diagnostic code list, too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts