Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
07 CTS. black,18" STS polished rims, V grill
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a clean 2007 CTS trunk lid. Preferably in black. My bezel is good but the deck had been damaged and poorly repaired. Thanks for any help. I checked the classifieds.
Don
Charlotte NC

·
Registered
CTS
1,756 Posts
I am looking for a clean 2007 CTS trunk lid. Preferably in black. My bezel is good but the deck had been damaged and poorly repaired. Thanks for any help. I checked the classifieds.
Don
Charlotte NC
Far as I know, the trunk lid is the same for all years, 03 - 07.

Your best bet may be to watch eBay or contact lkq.com, usedpartscentral.com, partrequest.com, or one of the other used parts brokers. Fill out a request & more than likely several outlets will respond.

Just a thought - you say the current lid is poorly repaired - why not have it repaired properly? Might be cheaper.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked with the Dealer and the parts guy told me that 07 is different from 03-06?? I am going to check with another dealer to see what the difference is. There an 06 on ebay for 400.00 or make offer. Mine has a lot of putty on it and the lid has been pounded back to somewhat resemble the edge. I'm afraid of cracking down the road and want to get the car as right as possible. Bob is selling me his hood (also has been poorly repaired) for a steal!! Picking that up first of August.
Thanks.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
You should have good luck locating one at a junk yard, as most cars have damage to front ends.

If a yard has two or three of those trunk lids sitting there, try to work them down on price. End of month might help.

I once needed a front cap (bumper, hood, fenders) for a SDV. Yards wanted $3500. One guy had 2 of them sitting there for 6 months. I reminded him that one of his trucks was going to run into one of them, and it would be worthless. I bought front cap for $2000.

Keep working him. Also, make sure you get all attachments with it if you need them. Make sure you get the hinges, and they typically damage easily. At least the hood hinges damage easily.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I checked with the dealers and two of them confirmed that the 06 will fit the 07 but the numbers from 03-05 didn't match. The auction on Ebay says it will fit 03 -06. I guess I still need to do a little more homework.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
Thanks for the info. I checked with the dealers and two of them confirmed that the 06 will fit the 07 but the numbers from 03-05 didn't match. The auction on Ebay says it will fit 03 -06. I guess I still need to do a little more homework.
They will all work dude just make sure the rear bezel from the 2003 is body colored. They are all the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts