Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 E92 BMW 335i
10,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Accidentaly I found out an awesome feature about my Seville. When turning the ignition, you don't have to hold the key until the engine starts up. Just turn the key until it starts to crank, then let go and it keeps cranking until the engine fires up without you having to keep holding the key. I remember reading up about how a BMW 540i could do this, so I tried it on my car, and low and behold it works.

·
Registered
2000 STS RHD 194,150 miles. what's a speed limiter???
219 Posts
my car starts instantly, never had the need to hold the key over for more than a second. nice to know though...

·
Registered
2007 CTS White Diamond - 1997 Deville Silver Mist
289 Posts
Accidentaly I found out an awesome feature about my Seville. When turning the ignition, you don't have to hold the key until the engine starts up. Just turn the key until it starts to crank, then let go and it keeps cranking until the engine fires up without you having to keep holding the key. I remember reading up about how a BMW 540i could do this, so I tried it on my car, and low and behold it works.
Right, it's called "Crank Triggered Ignition". My '07 CTS has this feature as well. Another good part of this feature is you can't strip the starter if you turn the key while the engine is running. But that feature has been built into all Northstar Engines, just in a different way in the earlier years.

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
Some Chryslers have it now too. I like it. It's very simple -- just works off a relay. My '01 has this feature. Must have started in '00 or '01, if the '99s don't have it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts