Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Deville
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anybody else see that stupid M.F'ing moron standing next to Mike Meyers? He interrupted Mike Meyers to say George Bush doesn't care about blacks. What was that dumb S.O.B's name?? This is NOT a racial issue. It is an AMERICAN tragedy. That statement was totally uncalled for. I hope who ever he is will never work in his industry again. What a piece of shit! There is always some son of a bitch to ruin a donation relief effort. Sorry, had to vent...

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Yeah I saw that (and surprisingly posted here before nico ;) )... we were eating dinner and my mom was just talking about what a cool person he is. hes' into R/B and is not like the "thug" stereotype of others in that genre...

However, he just lost a lot of respect from me, and I think that this may cause some more racial seperation, unfortunately.

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
This is Kanye stuttering like an idiot: http://www.pixelmd.com/kanye.html

You don't have to like the president but come on, Kanye's a retard who can barely form a sentence. This douchebag can kiss his career goodbye. I don't care if he's bashing Chavez, Castro, Carter, Clinton, Regan, or Thomas Jefferson. There's a time for divisive politics; this is a fundraiser meant to bring people -together-.

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
He just lost a bunch of cool points, BUT he did have a point.

When Terri Shiavo happened, BUsh was down there OVERNIGHT that night, when this happened, he spent over half a week vacationing in Texas before he even addressed the issue, and now that he has addressed it, its too late. The National Guard didn't get there in time enough nor were the people fed until the 5th day.

What's worse is that the local paper (times-picanuy)(Sp?) actually ran a story a couple of years ago about what would happen if the "Big One" came. It was like a screenplay when they showed it today - it predicted that poor blacks would be trapped, the leevees would break, and that people would have to be housed in the superdome among other things.

EVEN WORSE is that we are now finding out that Bush cut the budget for strengthining the leevees. This is really going to hurt him when they do the follow up about what could have been done and what was done...

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
Actually, Bush doesn't control that budget. The Army Corps of Engineers decided to spend less than they originally planned. And the study? Even if approved, it would never have resulted in a stronger levee by now. Studies take years. Construction takes even longer.

FEMA worked out response scenarios to such a situation long before this occured, but after the hurricane struck folks assumed that everything was okay, since it moved east and was reduced to a cat4. Mayor Nagin waited 24 hours to make the call requesting federal support. CNN, 48 hours later, was talking again about Natalee Holloway JUST AS the levee broke. Local authorities were overwhelmed as they had no idea that so many people would foolishly stay behind. Mayor Nagin said days before the Katrina hit, "You call us and we'll come get you." People didn't have to drown in their houses. The stadium wasn't a big step up, but it dramatically increased chances for survival. FEMA also ran into problems where the actual events that transpired didn't meet the expectations of their scenario. No one thought people would be robbing nursing homes and children's hospitals, firing at doctors and paramedics, shooting cops, and shooting rescue helicopters. The need for military assistance in a defensive combat situation was not expected. I listened to the New Orleans police scanner all night, and it sounds like insanity there. Folks are trying to help, but armed thugs are making it impossible.

President Bush was not in Florida the night Terry Schiavo's case went to court and lost. You're thinking of his brother, Governor Jeb Bush, who of course lives in Florida. The President remained in Texas and Washington during the ordeal. News reports will tell you that he "flew from Texas to Washington" to sign the bill.

New Orleans knew for half a century that it could town into a bowl of water. Blaming this president is quite a stretch. Clinton didnt fix the levee. Bush Sr didnt. Reagan didnt. Carter didnt. Ford didnt. No one did. It just sucks for everyone.

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
The thugs in the streets and those leaders that want to make this a racial issue, aren't helping.

It'd be much better if these liberal black leaders condemned the violence taking place and focused on leading their community to hope rather than blaming whitey for the thugs and drugs.

I seriously thought about flying to Memphis, loading up a UHaul truck with food and supplies and driving down. But the real threat of physical violence lead me to think twice about doing that. So how many others did the same?

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
Ralph said:
Ooh, a flame!

Actually, I was there, and I think I saw HRS - was he the one with the white pillow case over his head? Protectin' his kinfolk with righteous anger!
HotRodSaint said:
I heard he might have been there when the levee broke? :duck:
OMG you guys are silly!! MC5 was there too,trying to buy the Fleetwoods and Jaguar Super V8s before tthey were flooded out at wholesale prices.:D

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Ralph said:
Ooh, a flame!

Actually, I was there, and I think I saw HRS - was he the one with the white pillow case over his head? Protectin' his kinfolk with righteous anger!
Mine was a joke directly related to a comment in this thread.

I won't comment on your vile post. Because I think it speaks volumes about you. :tisk:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
addison_ii said:
OMG you guys are silly!! MC5 was there too,trying to buy the Fleetwoods and Jaguar Super V8s before tthey were flooded out at wholesale prices.:D
Shhhh!

You really think i pay full price for anything??:p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.