Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
I think it can be done but it will be a pain in the ass. It might actually be worth it because that nav is going to have inputs so you can hook up other devices to it.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
What makes it a PIA is the hardware differences that make it entirely non-functional with a North American disc. There was a long thread on this subject a while back. It's not just a software or firmware change that's required, the electronic circuitry is also different. Ignore this warning at your peril. If you ignore this post and go ahead and buy it, don't come back here whining about how you got took on Ebay. It seems to me that the radio didn't even work because of different standards. The TV feature is also useless because they use the PAL format in Asia while NTSC is used in North America.

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
What makes it a PIA is the hardware differences that make it entirely non-functional with a North American disc. There was a long thread on this subject a while back. It's not just a software or firmware change that's required, the electronic circuitry is also different. Ignore this warning at your peril. If you ignore this post and go ahead and buy it, don't come back here whining about how you got took on Ebay. It seems to me that the radio didn't even work because of different standards. The TV feature is also useless because they use the PAL format in Asia while NTSC is used in North America.

Oh yeah forgot about the TV format differences. IIRC the guy that had gotten a foreign nav did end up getting it to work.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS Luxury Black/Black
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
uhh no wonder its been on ebay for a couple of weeks, most nav units for the cts last less than 24 hours. Thanks for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts