Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 CTS V Crystal White with carbon black
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Folks,

Just know that if Cadillac offers you a navigation upgrade, its from a 3rd party not them. Here,LLC. is the company who supplies the upgrade out of Smyrna, TN.

I ordered the flash drive upgrade for my CTS-V. I'd ordered and successfully installed an upgrade on our Chevy Volt so I think that I'm technically saavy. When I could not get it to load even with their help I mailed it back to them for a replacement. Days and days go by and no replacement arrives. I call, make a case number and am assured that "it's in the mail delayed by "technical issues". 10 days pass and I am once again told that it will soon arrive in "a few days". It doesn't.

I wrote PayPal and open a case, I also write Cadillac Customer Assistance in Detroit as found in the owner's manual. I never got a response from Cadillac (what a disappointment) but did from PayPal. Here, LLC would not answer PP either it seems. I told Cadillac that this Here, LLC is giving them a black eye but I guess they can't be bothered to intervene.

So maybe what I'm saying is that the upgrade purchase is at your peril. Make lots of good records and keep receipts you may need them. I'm happy to say that PayPal said that they'll reverse the charge. It's hard to believe that this type of thing still happens in this day and age. I wonder how many people have be cheated by Here, LLC.? Really bad customer service from those folks!

Richard

·
Super Moderator 2005 CTS-V
'05 CTS-V
7,817 Posts
How did Cadillac recommend the upgrade? Was it something your local dealer sold you on, or did it come from GM/Cadillac corporate?

As you said, in this day and age it's surprising that something so simple could be so screwed up. One would think GM/Cadillac would fully vet a company before using them as a direct customer service interface. That's what made me wonder if this wasn't really a Cadillac deal but was just a local dealer kind of thing.

·
Registered
2017 CTS V Crystal White with carbon black
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AA,

It was an offer sent to me through Cadillac offering to update my old navigation. I was surprised that when it arrived and when I had an issue it was a vendor.

This 3rd party vendor apparently makes nav upgrades for everyone not just Cadillac or GM.

Richard

·
Super Moderator 2005 CTS-V
'05 CTS-V
7,817 Posts
In that case, it's disappointing (but, unfortunately, not terribly surprising) that Cadillac Customer Service didn't respond at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts