Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS Coupe Performance
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, new to the forum here. I have a 2012 CTS Coupe Performance. I saw there is a stock pop up navigation and radio that can be installed in the vehicle not through GM, but it is a little costly. Has anyone ever done this?

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
Hey everyone, new to the forum here. I have a 2012 CTS Coupe Performance. I saw there is a stock pop up navigation and radio that can be installed in the vehicle not through GM, but it is a little costly. Has anyone ever done this?
Welcome to the forum!!!

Yes a few have done this and it's $$$ (about $2500) for the complete install. Search using the upper right corner search button for something like 'CTS navigation installs' and there are pages of theads.

This isn't for the faint of heart! You basically need to change everything out including wiring.

Marv

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,173 Posts
Yeah, it's almost worth it to buy a car with it OEM. And, actually, you are better off with a Garmin or your cell phone to be quite truthful. I bet no one will loudly disagree, either.

·
Registered
2012 CTS Coupe Performance
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys. I saw that the kit installed was about $2500. I have onstar right now but was debating continuing on with it or just buying a Garmin.

·
Registered
Black Tesla Model 3, long range, AWD
689 Posts
The navigation system came factory with my car and I'll admit, the pop-up feature is cool, but that's about the only good thing about it. The maps are costly to keep up-to-date, and the installation time for the updates takes forever. It's honestly not worth your money.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,173 Posts
Use your cell phone. Why waste money on a Garmin?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts