Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD Black Raven/Ebony Interior
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an issue with their nav system not providing voice instructions during guidance to a destination? The weird part is it won't give me voice instructions for any preset destination except "Home". Also, I don't get voice instructions when I get directions downloaded from OnStar. I do get voice instructions if I do a direct address entry on the screen keyboard. If I press the "repeat" button, I will get the last voice instruction. I haven't had time to take the car to the dealer to get it checked out. I'm just wondering if it's an inadvertent setting on my part.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Wagon (Crystal Red w/Recaros)
28 Posts
Do you have music playing when the directions should be voiced to you? If the music volume fades but you don't hear the actual directions spoken to you it may be due to the volume of the nav voice being too low (the volume can be adjusted when it is speaking).

Just an idea..

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD Black Raven/Ebony Interior
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have music playing when the directions should be voiced to you? If the music volume fades but you don't hear the actual directions spoken to you it may be due to the volume of the nav voice being too low (the volume can be adjusted when it is speaking).

Just an idea..
Great idea, but I've had my music turned down and sometimes I still don't hear anything. It's periodic, so I'm fearing it might become one of those mystery problems. I'll have to make time to get over to the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts