Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 STS 3.6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Back in December, I bought an 08 STS with the Navigation and Bose 15.1. I absolutely love the car and everything is perfect except for the Navigation system.

The display works fine and there is no damage to the screen itself. The only problem is, it has random touches and then doesn't respond to my touches. I am curious as if this is a common issue and if there are any decently easy fixes. I am an electrical technician for a particular branch of the military and I don't mind grabbing the ol' soldering iron and getting down and dirty but I feel as if it were a common problem, the fix would have been tried. I really don't want to scrap it or buy a new one (too expensive) because everything else works as it should and I love throwing in a zeppelin or floyd DTS cd and really enjoy the sound it can produce.

I should note, I have already tried possibly resetting the device by unhooking the battery cable for an hour or so but it didn't reset so I took it out of the dash for a bit just to be sure. Thanks for any help!

I am sorry if this has been posted to death but I have searched and searched this site and several others for a few days now with no avail.

·
Registered
2008 STS 3.6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's what I feared. I have no problem changing the resistive digitizer, been doing this stuff for years but I've searched for just the screen and Nada. Anybody know of a place where I can find one?

·
Registered
2008 STS 3.6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that sucks. Instead of spending that money fixing it, I may try to get a new unit or mount a tablet but I really don't want to lose any of the audio quality. Seems I've reached a decision that's going to be tough. Any recommendations? Thanks for the help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.