Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I recently moved from Boston to Atlanta and since many of the newer roads in my subdivision were missing i decided to upgrade my nav software. I purchased the newest version of software from Zenrin and this version had the missing roads. The issue I am now having is that if I want to enter a destination address I can only enter an address in Michigan. I took the car into a dealer for service and asked them about it, but they told me I had to buy the dvd from them or it wouldn't work. I tried to explain that this disc came from the same company, and that the previous disc I was using also came from Zenrin. He didn't understand how I could have done that so I dropped it.

I was wondering if anyone else had run into this issue, and if so how they fixed it. The Nav issue, not the idiot at the dealer.

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
2003 CTS
228 Posts
When you first go to the enter address screen, I'm assuming the state Michigan is already filled in for you, and the streets will only come up for this state.

Normally, when you first go to that screen you can push a button to the left to change the City and State to whichever one you want, are you saying that the city and state buttons on that screen are not working? What does it do when you push them?

I live in the DC area so I am constantly switching from VA to DC to MD.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
This is the classic "stuck in Michigan" bug (seriously) in the original Nav firmware. Contact Urbanski to get a the CD to fix this. You basically boot the Nav with this Cadillac patch, and it rewrites the EEPROM to fix this. It takes all of 3 minutes, and you then send the CDROM back to Urby. I run the Zenrin 6.4 disk on my DVD Nav and had this same problem. The CDROM patch worked for me, and about 100 other members here. There used to be a sticky at the top of this forum on this very subject. You're dealer should know this, since it's an official Cadillac fix.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS - 2005
93 Posts
When I bought my '05 CTS in February, the dealer agreed to buy me the latest '07 Nav DVD when it came out. The nav disk center says that the new CTS disk is overdue, as it was supposed to be available in mid-August. They have new DVDs for other models, but the CTS one isn't in yet. I'm hoping that the update fixes many of the many many faults with the disk I now have.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
When I bought my '05 CTS in February, the dealer agreed to buy me the latest '07 Nav DVD when it came out. The nav disk center says that the new CTS disk is overdue, as it was supposed to be available in mid-August. They have new DVDs for other models, but the CTS one isn't in yet. I'm hoping that the update fixes many of the many many faults with the disk I now have.
I understand the version is the 6.5 and it should already be out.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS - 2005
93 Posts
I called them on Wednesday (August 28), and they told me the above. They still only list the old one on their web site.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS - 2005
93 Posts
I called the Nav Disk center again in very late November, and they said that there was no indication that they were going to issue a new DVD for the CTS. So, since I had been waiting since February, I had my dealer order me one of the ones that they DID have (last-year's DVD). Now (December 18) they list a new (2008) DVD for the CTS. If I want this new one, I have to pay for it myself. $199!! And the one I DO now have has lots of errors.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
The nav disks are poorly made as far as I'm concerned.

Not only are restaurants built within the last two years not in the database, but it says Ohio State University is literally right next to my development. (I live near Cleveland!)

·
Registered
07 STS-V Black Raven
160 Posts
Oh no, not another damn yankee! We wouldn't be building all of these new subdivisions if you guys wouldn't move here! Seriously, welcome to Atlanta:) I have the same problem with my 05. In fact, the subdivision that I live in which was built two years ago isn't even showing up on my nav.

Scott

Hello all. I recently moved from Boston to Atlanta and since many of the newer roads in my subdivision were missing i decided to upgrade my nav software. I purchased the newest version of software from Zenrin and this version had the missing roads. The issue I am now having is that if I want to enter a destination address I can only enter an address in Michigan. I took the car into a dealer for service and asked them about it, but they told me I had to buy the dvd from them or it wouldn't work. I tried to explain that this disc came from the same company, and that the previous disc I was using also came from Zenrin. He didn't understand how I could have done that so I dropped it.

I was wondering if anyone else had run into this issue, and if so how they fixed it. The Nav issue, not the idiot at the dealer.

Thanks
Matt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts