Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 XTS Luxury Edition
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2021 Premium Luxury, and I cannot find the maps. From reading the Owners Manual, it seems Navigation is now an extra cost option. Is this something I that can be upgraded after the fact? Is it an option I can buy, or do I just stick with Waze?

·
Registered
2020 XT5, AWD Platinum, Garnet Metallic, 20" Ultra-Bright
1,966 Posts
On my 2020 Premium Luxury, the Navigation (with maps) is an extra cost CUE Option that includes the 14 speaker Infotainment System.

·
Registered
2006, 2014 CTS, Currently 2018 XT5
375 Posts
I just bought a 2021 Premium Luxury, and I cannot find the maps. From reading the Owners Manual, it seems Navigation is now an extra cost option. Is this something I that can be upgraded after the fact? Is it an option I can buy, or do I just stick with Waze?
There's a web site (404parts.com) that sells a upgrade kit for the XT5 that will add Navigation for 595.00 bucks. They have a core charge of 450.00 which is refundable for a total of 1,045.00. Might be cheaper to use Google maps.

·
Premium Member
2019 XTS PremLux, 2020 XT5 Premlux
229 Posts
Or you can use wireless Car Play and use the maps there it's easy.
But don't you get a free trial of Onstar still when you buy Cadillac?
Look on your window sticker or press the blue Onstar button.

·
Registered
'21 XT5 Prem-Lux w/ Platinum
1,179 Posts
Or you can use wireless Car Play and use the maps there it's easy.
Look on your window sticker or press the blue Onstar button.
Here in Canada, it's one month of full OnStar trial. Three months if you're willing to give them a credit card number to put on file at the initialization so they can start auto-debiting after the three.

Doesn't solve having navigation built in for the OP for the long run.

Max

·
Registered
2020 XT5, AWD Platinum, Garnet Metallic, 20" Ultra-Bright
1,966 Posts
The OnStar subscription does not provide maps. I tried OnStar navigation one time and after I verbally gave the service individual my destination request, the directions were pushed to my DIC in turn-by-turn directions.

Onboard navigation is totally separate from OnStar.

·
Registered
2015 XTS Luxury Edition
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess I'll use WAZE via Carplay. The integration with WAZE is pretty good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts