Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys I ordered a Stock Navigation unit. I spoke to the seller and He told me its DVD based.

However its a Pewter cover. Ive read up on previous threads and they say all the pewter cover are the older models and they are CD based!

Here are my question:

1. Is this guy lying to sell this?
  2. Does the DVD based nav play DVD. (I think I saw a thread that said it did but I just want to double check!)
  3. How much do you think its going to cost me for the VSS cable and antenna and to unlock it once it arrives...
  4. Can I get an Updated DVD Map for this car or do I have to get one of the older DVDs that fits this Navigation model?
Thanks for your help again guys!

Btw. I have an 2003 Cts w/ bose.

Here is a link! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220389073468&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT&viewitem

·
Registered
Cadillac
281 Posts
That is CD-ROM based don't buy it if you want dvd. You can look in upper left corner and tell it says compact disc rather than dvd. I got my antenna for 60. Vss cable try and get in touch with forum member named odyousus. Not sure if that's how you spell it. As far as dvd. I assume it will play all but that will depend on year it came out off. Dealers usually charge 100 bucks to clear theft.

But that is 100% cd navigation based

·
Registered
Cadillac
281 Posts
I just took another look at it. Again it is CD-ROM NOT dvd and if you are winning bidder take the neg feedback and DO NOT SEND HIM A CHECK! WHatever you do do not send him check or mo. He has zero feedback and doesn't accept paypal? Your going to get ripped off

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All great points mattsworld...

Ill take your advice.

Thanks

Yes I did win it. Ill just tell the seller that I can no longer afford it...

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
That's a cheap win though..

·
Registered
Cadillac
281 Posts
I wouldn't tell him you can't afford it. Tell him it is not what he stated it is and put a dispute in with ebay so they don't neg your account. It clearly is not dvd which he claims. Also toward the emails to show he is saying its dvd

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
$300 is not bad even for a CDROM based system. If you have an early '03 with the pewter dash, this is the correct Nav, although it does not use DVD's. It will not play DVD movies. CD Map disks are still available. Zenrin sells them individually, but if you want the whole country (11 disks) it will run you over $1000!

Function is identical to the DVD based units, except no XM firmware is installed, so you would not be able to add the XMdirect kit, if you wanted it later (from experience).

If you want a functional nav, have a pewter dash '03, don't need to play DVD movies, this is a good buy, as long as it's fully functional.

GPS antenna can be had from GMPartsDirect. PM me for a VSS wire, or build your own from a reverse VW harness. Zenrin has CD Maps, but they're for an '04 Infiniti (identical to ours except for the label). Unlock at the dealer varies. It takes all of 5 minutes to do, but they do have minimum charges. Plan on spending another $250 to $300 for a map disk, GPS antenna and the unlock.

Full install instructions are on the FAQ.
http://cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/navconvert/index.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts