Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 DTS (Black on Black)
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Deville DTS with the DVD Nav system. Is there a way to alter the system to allow a DVD to play while the car is in motion? If anyone has paid to get this done (assuming it is possible) can you let me know how much it cost you?

Since the Navigation runs while you drive, I am not sure how difficult it would be to allow movies to play. This is for the benefit of my passengers as I do not plan on watching Good Fellas on my way to work (although it would be pretty cool).

·
Registered
03 escalade
172 Posts
I've heard that if you hit and hold the music key, and then enter 1791 you will be able to view DVD's while in motion. Keep your eyes on the road:cool2:

·
Registered
2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville
1,089 Posts
Yup, 1791 is the code.

Now, only if we can find a code that will allow entering nav/guidance information while the car isn't in Park.....

·
Registered
2002 DTS (Black on Black)
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Swine and Thu,

Thank you very much for the tip. I thought I was going to have to pay for the alteration. I had no idea codes existed. Are there any other cool things that I could do that I didn't know about with regards to punching in codes? I bought the Caddy from a dealer that specializes in per-owned 'Lacs but my salesman didn't know much about the Navigation system. I knew I was buying the car before I got there, and I was so excited to drive it away that I didn't wait for someone who knew what they were doing to help me.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
macpappy there's a lot of wiring that is different ... afaik the only way to do it is to order the body harness and tear the car apart and replace the harness -- and even then you'll probably run into some weird stuff

on some trucks you can add navigation but not that i know of for any cars

·
Registered
01 DTS,02 Deville,94 Concours,50 Sedan,03 S55,03 Excursion
105 Posts
Thanks I would love to add the 02-05 Caddy DVD/NAV to my 01 DTS. But I heard it was a nightmare to do it. It would be better to go aftermarket.

Mack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts