Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1991 deville
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I just recently bought the 2016 gm map disc for my 07 sts and I told that if the disc doesn’t work I would have to called Cadillac dealership and tell them it needs a TSB 05-08-126-001A update and they said they don’t know if they can update the software at this point because it’s old. Does anyone have any idea on how I can get the navigation system working??

·
Registered
'09 STS, '95 Eldorado, '68 Coupe de Ville convert
27 Posts
I'm sort of in the same boat with my 2006 STS-V. This thread may help.

In my case, my service rep (of 10+ years) at my regular dealership is pushing me not to do the upgrade (he says that they don't want to do it for fear of bricking the unit; no mention of "too old" has been made). Luckily, I'm an IT engineer, so a couple ISOs to burn to CDs (CDs, not DVDs!), and a GM Tech II, and I'll just do it myself. To me, working with racks of servers on a regular basis, this is all rather funny, but I realize that not every auto technician or service rep may have the same perspective on these devices.

Anyway, the link above should get you started in the right direction. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts