Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,:thumbsup:
Just got a used 05 CTS-V but did not come with the Nav. disc. I informed the dealer (not a Cady dealer) that there was no Nav. disc. They ordered me one and I got it. But when I placed it in the Nav. It first says disc intializing then nothing. When I press the Nav. button again it says No map disc inserted. And yes I have in the slot above the screen. Your suggestions would be most appreciated. :)

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Go back to the dealer and tell them it doesn't work. It's possible the DVD reader / NAV unit could have a problem and need to be replaced, if it's the correct disk. Should be warranty.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Hey all,:thumbsup:
It first says disc intializing then nothing. When I press the Nav. button again it says No map disc inserted. And yes I have in the slot above the screen. Your suggestions would be most appreciated. :)
This is just a thought .... as I don't have a CTS-V. I have a DTS Performance Sedan. My NAV disk goes in BEHIND the screen. It tilts out and down. The slot ABOVE the screen is the CD player.

Jim from Texas

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
This is just a thought .... as I don't have a CTS-V. I have a DTS Performance Sedan. My NAV disk goes in BEHIND the screen. It tilts out and down. The slot ABOVE the screen is the CD player.

Jim from Texas
On the CTS / CTS-V the DVD slot is above the LCD screen, the one below it is for the CD changer.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V (Thunder Grey)
1,667 Posts
A couple of possibilities;

1. They could have ordered you a "new" DVD and the nav unit needs the flash done prior to being able to use it. (See pinned thread at the top of the CTS-V Forum titled "navigation system update(firmware)).

2. When I bought my used '05 the nav DVD was not in the car, the dealer sent it to me. I put it in and got the same thing as you describe; system initializing, screen goes blank, pressing NAV button yields "no disk inserted' message. I thought oh great, it doesn't work. I tried it again the next day and same thing except I didn't press the NAV button the second time, I just headed for a Cadillac dealer. After about 5 minutes the declarition page popped up and I pressed the button next to "AGREE".

Good luck :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts