Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your help a trend started about back camera and my problems are similar to where my 2007 escalade back up camera doesnt work when put in reverse it stays on the audio screen. In the navagation settings both my video and symbol are turned on and my back up light turn on. Also I have a module that allows me to turn on my back up camera when im in drive and it works so nothing is wrong with the camera. I below it has to do with putting it in reverse that the signal isnt sent to activate the back up camera help please.

·
Registered
19 Escalade ESV Platinum 08 SRX N* 13/14 Escalade Platinum
677 Posts
I need your help a trend started about back camera and my problems are similar to where my 2007 escalade back up camera doesnt work when put in reverse it stays on the audio screen. In the navagation settings both my video and symbol are turned on and my back up light turn on. Also I have a module that allows me to turn on my back up camera when im in drive and it works so nothing is wrong with the camera. I below it has to do with putting it in reverse that the signal isnt sent to activate the back up camera help please.
You have a aftermarket module. "I have a module that allows me to turn on my back up camera when I'm in drive and it works so nothing is wrong with the camera."

" back up camera doesn't work when put in reverse it stays on the audio screen"

If the module is in the off position, would it not prevent the original system from working?

When you put it in reverse, and it stays in the audio screen, try turning on the module.

I would remove the module and use the system as designed.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The module is only activated by a two step command which is pressing the window lock button then the talk button on the steering wheel 4 times which then activates the module. I had this setup running for the pass 11 years had it installed since 2008 and have always used the module which never affected the reverse camera. I believe what is happening is when you put it in reverse something activates the reverse camera when the gear is in reverse like a switch and i believe that is whats not working I just don't know what it is or what to look for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts