• will it work in a tohoe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the 2004 navigation play dvd or not ? I have a unit and I,m going to install into a 2003 taohoe Z71 I hopr it will work and hope some one will have any answers for me? I really woud appeciate some help? Please give me some answers. Thank you. :rolleyes2

·
Registered
NONE
12 Posts
I own a 2004 Escalade with the OEM Navigation. It does NOT play movie DVD's. You get a "Disc Error" message...even with the vehicle in park. Not the answer you were looking for, but hope it helps you out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WydOpen said:
I own a 2004 Escalade with the OEM Navigation. It does NOT play movie DVD's. You get a "Disc Error" message...even with the vehicle in park. Not the answer you were looking for, but hope it helps you out.
I have a question for you ? I would really appriciate the favor and would do anything I could for you with this favor. Since you have an escalade with nav.
have you played with any wiring on it and are you willing to check some thing out for me ? What I really need is th e pin code or coloring of the wiring harness that gose into the back of the nav. unit a pic. would be great if you could and I under stand if if you cant do anything. But Iam putting the nav. unit into 2003 tohoe z71 and any help is really great. If I could help you in any way I will do my best.

Thanks John

·
Registered
NONE
12 Posts
John,

Not a problem, I will see what I can do. I am going out of town on business this afternoon and will be back next Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll open up the dash and shoot off some pics and get you the PIN code and wire coloring.

·
Registered
NONE
12 Posts
John,

Haven't forgotten about you, I've just been busy with work and projects around the garage installing a new rear bumper/exhaust on my Mustang and getting one of my tires repaired on the Escalade (apparently I drove over a bunch of screws and nails somewhere). Within the next couple days I'll post the pics and info for ya. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you get the chance to do the pics under the front seat is to be the amp to the nav unit. I just purchased the amp assemble on ebay and i was told I needed a class II data bus amp to work the nav unit. If you could take pics there it would be great, but I here it my be under the center console . dont worry I wont ask for that and I dont want you to. I really appricate the that you can give me.

Thanks John :worship:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't think it will work. You can't put a 2003 NAV radio in a 2003 that doesn't have one. The computer and the body control module are different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts