Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone here have the navigation system in their cadillac...im just curious if it works well and if you think its worth the price... i see the new sts plays dvd's as long as your in park...kind of a novelty but who knows it might have some use

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Id personaly just get an aftermarket deck with the same features like an Alpine or Eclipse

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Down in the CTS area there's a short discussion about the DVD player

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd rather have the look of the factory navi IMHO In addition thanks to GM it keeps gettin harder and harder to just ditch the factory radio and install an aftermarket unit. If it means anything Alpine and Kenwood both make mighty fine DVD navigation units.
Chris

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I do have a cts with the navi and its quite good. You cant type in addresses or anything while your moving which is ridiculous, but you can control volume on the steering wheel and its a 3d map that is quite revolutionary. The car also looks like its missing something without it so i would highly suggest buying one with the car. try to take the dealer for a ride not the other way around though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2004 CTS with NAV..... I use it at least twice a week, more sometimes. Do I like it? I have been using NAV for 5 years now, various types including Delorme laptop based..... I have had BMW and Jag also.... Ifthere was one system out there I would recommend hands down, it is the Cadillac NAV! Hard to learn properly at first, Take a little at a time, baby steps at first, only way to learn this, it is complicated for the newbi...

Also, when setting locations, go to City FIRST, plug in the first few letters then hit the list button. do the same thing with street, then add in address. there is a problem with NAV if you have to replace it, see my post elsewhere. there is also a real concern for update CD's not so much the cost, (which is much too high) the fact that there are NO updates in two (three?) years! ?quiet an experience when you drive into an area that has no streets on the CD... The NAV arrow floats in a sea of pure white and nothing else!

With all that said, I am absolutely in LUV with my Nav system....

Don't screw up your new CTS with an aftermarket bolt on.... It looks like a bolt on, looks cheeeeeep and you will never be quiet satisfied. Expensive? Hell yes..... Well Worth it...

wr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts