Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Cadillac XT5 Platinum 2020 XT4 Premium Luxury
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Our 2019 Platinum doesn't seem to allow me to enter a name for a destination. When I enter a destination by address on our XT5, there doesn't seem to be a way to label it as "Ted's Home", or "Best Western Hotel". Our 2009 CTS and 2010 Acadia allow that to be set when the destination address is entered. I've ended up with a long list of addresses, making it difficult to recall the actual destination. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK - I think I finally figured it out. You enter the data for the destination - no chance to enter a name. Then you have to go to your "contacts" list, find the address you just entered, then edit it, wherein you're able to enter a name, then save it. Quite a convoluted method, not efficient, and frustrating. I'd be far happier with the system in my 10 year old CTS. This is progress?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm heading out on a long trip in a couple of days - I'll give Waze a try. From an initial review, it looks promising! Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 XT5
1,022 Posts
It's horrible. For example, there are three Dunkin' Donuts in my town, but it gives me results for Chicago, which is ~500 miles away.

That is because you need to WALK there to burn off all the calories you will consume! :)

Seriously, I'll put in my vote for using Waze. It has many great features, the best of which is the crowd-sourced road condition reports, specifically police sightings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.