Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I recently sold a nav unit and the person that installed it claims the following:

"The unit is insisting it cannot read the map data from the DVD. The error on the screen is that "cannot read DVD map data in China". Also, the unit will not initialize the Onstar system or XM. I have had the dealership try to clear and reset these codes via their diagnostic tool"

Any idea on what is happening? THanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The unit is going into a 06 CTS with factory Bose, XM radio, and of course OnStar. The link you sent is what was used to install the unit. the GPS unit is part number 25726417 (the same part shown in the install link you sent). The GPS part works great as it is grabbing the time stamp from the GPS satellites.
The DVD map used is the latest GPS DVD, shipped with 06 CTS. I got this from the dealer.

The Unit's CD changer, AM and FM radio works great. It is the XM, OnStar, and Nav that does not function.

I would love to have a working NAV system in the vehicle! But it seems this unit was designed to be used in China :(.

Any help you can render would be greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
466 Posts
freeppv said:
The unit is going into a 06 CTS with factory Bose, XM radio, and of course OnStar. The link you sent is what was used to install the unit. the GPS unit is part number 25726417 (the same part shown in the install link you sent). The GPS part works great as it is grabbing the time stamp from the GPS satellites.
The DVD map used is the latest GPS DVD, shipped with 06 CTS. I got this from the dealer.

The Unit's CD changer, AM and FM radio works great. It is the XM, OnStar, and Nav that does not function.

I would love to have a working NAV system in the vehicle! But it seems this unit was designed to be used in China :(.

Any help you can render would be greatly appriciated.
:tisk: There have been many members here that have upgraded from radio to DVD NAV with no problems. First potential problem is the wrong DVD NAV software. What version? There are many versions for different Cadillac vehicles. China? The Zenrin web site shows a US map of coverage, with very little Canada. I understand there's a European version. But China? State what version you have. Second, no mention of a installed GPS antenna. I'm not sure if the XM has to be "enabled" by the dealer. When I installed the Radios and More XM kit, my DVD NAV played the XM bands automatically without any problems. Not sure what the potentials problems are here. My recommendation is to check, double check, the DVD map disc version to ensure it's the right version for the CTS DVD NAV unit. Double check the GPS antenna installation as well as the three electrical connectors on the back of the DVD NAV unit. I believe the software is incorrect and a problem with the GPS antenna. This wouldn't affect the XM. Not sure what you're referring to regarding the OnStar? Some of the other CTS DVD NAV brainiacs can add their opinions on you problems. Good luck!l

·
Registered
6 Posts
I posted on another thread, but i might as well post here too. One of the problems is that this unit seems to be designed to work overseas. I cannot play any DVD movies in this unit. It gives me an error that the "region is not recognized". the NAV CD is the latest CD from the dealer for the CTS. The GPS Antenna is the correct part number and installed. The dealer hooked up a TECH II device to the car and cannot even read the NAV unit. The VSS wire was hooked up properly.
I even did a "cold boot" of the unit by holding down the right "scan" button and the right second from bottom button to do this.
I bought it from eBay from user Permex. I've seen others buy from this guy and had the same issues.
Is there anyone that may help?

Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts