Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Old guys w/ (kinda) fast cars rock!
'05 CTS-V
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought an Arizona "V" and had it shipped to Oregon. The nav system seems to work properly so far as knowing where it is but, when I try to input a local destination, the "address, city, state" screen comes up with Arizona as its base...and it won't let me out of that state. When the City or State buttons are pushed, a screen pops up saying "Cancelling Route Guidance" or some such, but no other options (city or state) appear.

I'm stuck in Arizona! :banghead: Anyone had this problem before...or know the trick to changing states?

Oh, yeah......previous owner had the nav system replaced under warranty. Nav is an '06 (car's an '05); factory booklet supplied for the nav is an '06.

Thanks,

----Mac

·
Registered
Cadillac
923 Posts
Took me a year to figure it out. And I couldn't begin to explain how I did it. I was in Michigan for a year. :lol: Worst setup I have ever seen.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
Check the stickey dude.

·
'05 CTS-V
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Read the sticky before my post. Thought that only applied to being "stuck in Michigan." Guess being stuck in any state is about the same, huh?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
You probably need a firmware update, as in the sticky.

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
I had the stuck in MI thing when I had my nav replaced.

It was funny - I could only choose points in MI, but the GPS put me in South L.A. as my car's location. :lol:

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
It was fixed after I upgraded the firmware.

·
'05 CTS-V
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HeavyMetal phoned me after I PM'd him and, with me in my V, tried to talk me through this problem. Nothing we did could get me out of Arizona. He suggested upgrading the firmware, which might see this as a "stuck in Michigan" issue and cure it. Since, however, I'm still under initial factory warranty, I'm going to take it to the local dealer and see if they can resolve the issue. Will try to do that next week if I happen to go to town (it's a long way from Umpqua to any kinda proper civilization....and I like that.:sneaky:

Thanks, Heavy, for taking the time to contact me on this. Greatly appreciated. I'll be sure to let you know what the dealer has to say. Will probably get an updated map disk anyway. Thanks again.

----Mac

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
Why not just flash it anyway? That has no effect on warranty :hmm:

·
'05 CTS-V
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Nav System: Stuck In Arizona

Took my car to the local dealer this morning for some warranty stuff, including the "Stuck in Arizona" feature I'm so fond of. They scratched their heads, poked a bunch of buttons, read the manuals, poked more buttons and finally said "we have no idea what's wrong...we'll have to check with our higher-ups." So....I'm still stuck in AZ.

I think c4ss is right...why not just flash it anyway. Might as well update the mapping disk at the same time. Heavy, you have my info from the extinguisher bracket order. Can you send me what you think I need?

Tnx, ....Mac

·
'05 CTS-V
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Received Heavy's flash disk in the mail, installed it and I'm no longer stuck in Arizona. Hooray! Thanks much, Heavy...disk is back in the mail to you today. :thehand::bows:

----Mac

·
'05 CTS-V
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Contact Heavymetals on this Forum. He should be able to hook you up.

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
the navdisc center doesn't charge dealers for the firmware updated discs... might be worth contacting them to see if they don't charge the general public (if they sell these discs to the general public at all)

sometimes (especially on newer nav units) the updated map disc will contain software/firmware updates also that will be automatically applied

navdisc center is not just for sales of discs... they are also a helpline for any questions you have regarding your nav unit
can come in handy sometimes (especially if you don't have a nav manual to reference, although you should - they're only like $12 or so)

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk
785 Posts
Hey I'm stuck in LA since I upgraded to nav system. How can I get this cd?
Try going out and driving around for a bit. After updating the NAV sometimes just goes to a random spot until it gets a good reading from the satellites. When I updated mine I think it started out at the LA airport or something like that, half way around the block it figured out where I really was.

·
Registered
'11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V
1,908 Posts
Try going out and driving around for a bit. After updating the NAV sometimes just goes to a random spot until it gets a good reading from the satellites. When I updated mine I think it started out at the LA airport or something like that, half way around the block it figured out where I really was.
Same thing happen to me....Nav said I was at LAX....drove out of my driveway in MO....and the V found itself!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts