Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have a wife who presses the touchscreen a little too hard and pushes back the screen of the nav system? There's about an inch gap on the bottom end of the screen from the plastic of the dash, while the top is still connected. It looks like contact tape is all holding that huge screen to the dashboard - I don't see any screws, holes, brackets, or anything else. Rather ridiculous.

Guess I get my first trip to the service bay.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
Are you sure that the screen isn't just tilted? The NAV in my STS has a button that tilts the screen to several different angles to reduce glare. The screen pivots at the top and moves in and out at the bottom.

·
Registered
Cadillac
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure that the screen isn't just tilted? The NAV in my STS has a button that tilts the screen to several different angles to reduce glare. The screen pivots at the top and moves in and out at the bottom.
Hi, I'm slow.

Unreal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
while i was at the dealership to buy my 07 escalade i sat in one which had the screen pushed back an inch on the bottom also and i asked him is it like that and he was like yes it should be like that. After he said that i knew he was all bs and didn't know what he was talking about. The one i purchases has the lower left corner pushed back like 2mm or so. Not too noticeable but hopefully it doesn't get pushed back any further

·
Premium Member
28,974 Posts
while i was at the dealership to buy my 07 escalade i sat in one which had the screen pushed back an inch on the bottom also and i asked him is it like that and he was like yes it should be like that. After he said that i knew he was all bs and didn't know what he was talking about. The one i purchases has the lower left corner pushed back like 2mm or so. Not too noticeable but hopefully it doesn't get pushed back any further
The screen is adjustable. Read the whole thread.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
Hi, I'm slow.

Unreal.
You know, you need to tell your wife you took it to the dealer and they fixed it under warrantee. No other option for you (that you can live with) as I see it. I learned that years ago when I accused my wife of breaking the cruise control - oh yeah, the master switch was off...:thepan:

·
Premium Member
28,974 Posts
The problem is that the pictogram on the button doesn't give you the slightest clue what it's supposed to do. The only way you can figure it out is to use the two-year-old approach and blindly push every button in sight. Been there. Done that.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
The screen tilt control is the vertical button toward the left side of the radio.
Near the volume knob.
The icon is supposed to indicate an adjustable angle.

I don't much care for some of our new icons, they seem hard to understand but I guess they are trying to develop some type of standard?
I am not sure why they can't just put four letters on the button.... "TILT"

At any rate, it is the button labeled as M in this image.

Attachments

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Oh, and if you press hard enough on the nav screen to move it, it won't move it will just break the glass inside the screen.... please don't ask me how I know. :D
You don't want that to happen.
I think these units are almost $4,000 by themselves.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts