Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Here is some nfo on how the Infiniti guys backed up their expensive DVD (this was 6.2)... May help you all once you spend that $190.

Great news. I've successfully copied my own verson of Navi v6.1 dvd. I've been driving around with a copy in my navigation for 2 days and it works just as the original dvd which somehow got a few scratches on. I was a bit upset about damaging or loosing it, and always wanted to keep my original disk stored at home.... so here we go...

Some info: the original DVD is a Dual Layer disk, with over 8.1gb of data
Software that will NOT properly copy the navi dvd: Nero, Roxio Easy Cd Creator, Sonic junk, Alcohol 120% (My appologies fo suggesting it before, it actually refuses to burn due to size of the blank dvd)
Software that works: UltraISO, CloneCD, i used a 21 day trial...
Dual Layer Media: Verbatim DL DVD Disks @$16/3pk Buy.com
Drive used: NEC 3520A, latest firmware

I used a UltraISO to make image of the DVD first, for safekeeping and whatnot, i tried a bunch of image options: ISO, Nero, CloneCD, and the CloneCD image is the one I burned using Clone CD software... If you want to make a few $6 coasters you may try to use clonecd straigh, but who wants to do that.... anyway it took about 40 min to rip dvd, and then i burned it using CloneCD at 2.4x as a safety precaution, as my crappy dell has problem burning disks at high speed, due to slow hdd.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Does anyone know if this new Infiniti disc will work in our cars?
:thumbsup: The Zenrin disc will work perfectly with the CTS/CTS-V DVD Nav. I have version 6.3.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Just FYI there are now FOUR (NON-interchange-able) DVDs from GM for our cars (ask me how I know).

6.3 Build date <1/18/05
6.3 Build date >1/18/05 with NavTraffic
6.3 Build date >1/18/05 without NavTraffic
and one other that I haven't been able to yet nail down a description on (for the moment I'm assuming that's the 6.2 one).

Again these GM Disks are NOT INTERCHANGABLE!

Just a heads up in case your new Zerin DVD doesn't work, there are now variants.

·
Registered
2007 Yukon Denali / 2009 G8 GT
347 Posts
Heavy,
I thought you picked up the latest Caddy disc from the dealer, how was that?
I'm sure the 6.4 disc is even better.
Flyboy,
If you get one, I would like to see how it looks compared to our old map.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I haven't (yet) found a 6.3 disc that works in mine. Dealer gave me an older one....at least it works.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
heavymetals said:
Just got the version 6.4.

Now I am stuck in California.:banghead:

Non returnable to.

I have some more work to do on it because it came with a "boot this first" disc.

(I didn't boot the disc first)
I would NOT use the Boot Disk since thats used to program the radio and it could mess something up. I have the Zenrin 6.3 and it works great and I was getting ready to buy the 6.4 until I saw this thread.

Did the 6.3 work in your Nav before you purchased the 6.4?

·
Registered
31 Posts
heavymetals said:
Just got the version 6.4.

Now I am stuck in California.:banghead:

Non returnable to.

I have some more work to do on it because it came with a "boot this first" disc.

(I didn't boot the disc first)
When you say your stuck in CA, I'm assuming the software won't let you select another state. If so, here is what you can do.

Select a POI that you know is in the State that you want to be in example for Washington St. I would select Airports, Boeing Field this would then set the state to WA

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
im20agn said:
When you say your stuck in CA, I'm assuming the software won't let you select another state. If so, here is what you can do.

Select a POI that you know is in the State that you want to be in example for Washington St. I would select Airports, Boeing Field this would then set the state to WA
I think I tried this with my 6.3 that had me stuck in Mich. Found a nearby POI to me (SF, CA) then when I went back in to enter an addy I still had Mich, and couldn't change the state.

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
tomm said:
I would NOT use the Boot Disk since thats used to program the radio and it could mess something up. I have the Zenrin 6.3 and it works great and I was getting ready to buy the 6.4 until I saw this thread.

Did the 6.3 work in your Nav before you purchased the 6.4?
It doesn't matter to me if the "boot this first" screws it up, I am UNDER WARRANTY!:lildevil:

No, I didn't try 6.3 first, I don't have one.

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
Ok here is the update.

The 6.4 Infinity disc works, but has the same problem as the Cad disc.:bomb:

This is due to my car being one of the early 05's.:(

It may have more updated streets and POI's, but since it won't let me out of Michagen, I don't know.:mad:

If someone with a late 05 wants to try it in their car and see if it works ok, let me know.

By the way, the "boot this disc first" disc didn't do anything to my system.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts