Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS '06
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was in a new CTS the other day that had NAV and really liked the new graphics/setup. I got to thinking, and want to know why there aren't DVDs for older CTSs that contain the newer images. I just purchased the 2009 DVD for an 06 CTS and it's the same old graphics. I figured it was just because the car was old and wasn't capable of displaying the new graphics, but then again it does play DVDs. You would think that if it can play a DVD with decent resolution is should be able to display the more simplistic graphics that are part of the new NAV discs. Anyone know why this is?

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,096 Posts
So I was in a new CTS the other day that had NAV and really liked the new graphics/setup. I got to thinking, and want to know why there aren't DVDs for older CTSs that contain the newer images. I just purchased the 2009 DVD for an 06 CTS and it's the same old graphics. I figured it was just because the car was old and wasn't capable of displaying the new graphics, but then again it does play DVDs. You would think that if it can play a DVD with decent resolution is should be able to display the more simplistic graphics that are part of the new NAV discs. Anyone know why this is?
Different systems supplied by different subcontractors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts