Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,114 Posts
OK, call me stupid, but I'm new to the Nav System thing. I just bought my car (used, obviously) a couple weeks ago and it didn't come with a Nav disc. The disc I would be ordering at the linked website is completely different from the firmware update disc in the Sticky thread, right?

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
230 Posts
They'll be releasing the 2008 Nav disc next month. But the 2007 is now on sale for $99. Just go to www.gmnavdisc.com and type in your VIN #.
Just spoke with them. The summer 2006 version is $99. Summer 2007 has a release ETA within the next month and is $199. Shipping charges are a "HOLY COW"...especially for overnighting.

Rep told me he thinks '06 & '07 owners should get a postcard in the mail with a code that entitles them to free updates.

·
Registered
'06 CTS-V (sold)
133 Posts
I bought a certified '06 about two months ago and I just received a new nav disc in the mail. It sounds like I might have just missed getting the latest version. Great.

I had registered at https://www.gmnavdisc.com/overview.do but I'm not sure if that was necessary.

It appears that a new car gets two free updates and a certified pre-owned just gets the one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts