Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
05 CTS-V, 04 Armada, 11 STi Hatch
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I'm heading up to Pocono Raceway July 17-19 for NASA/PDA's Grand Slam Weekend. https://www.pdadrivingschool.com/registration.php Anyone else interested in going? I take care of the Timing and Scoring for the Races that NASA-Northeast does and also instruct for them. I wouldn't normally track my CTS-V but we are running the long courses so I am going to bring the V out. It would be cool to have some Vs out there!

-mike

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
Did the single infield last year. I'll probably be there the 19th.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
931 Posts
I've done the Grand Slam weekend 3 times (still have the T-shirts). It's a fantastic event. Lots of track time and lots of good people.

Unfortunately, my car won't be fixed in time for this year. But I'll look forward to 2010.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awsome, glad to see so many folks I've seen at the track active on here. I have seen a few CTS-Vs out at the track with us. We even have a guy from down south who just moved up north who actually RACES his CTS-V. He'll be at our Watkins Glen event for sure.

-mike

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
If I get my shocks sorted out by then, maybe I can come and visit. I've been a PDA/NASA member for a couple years. Still haven't made an event, however...

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
337 Posts
Attended V-Day III and I've gotten the bug. Just ordered some new tires and a few other things. Interested in this event. Anyone have a link to what the double infield long & single infield long courses look like at Pocono? Can't find an overview on the Pocono Raceway site.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Attended V-Day III and I've gotten the bug. Just ordered some new tires and a few other things. Interested in this event. Anyone have a link to what the double infield long & single infield long courses look like at Pocono? Can't find an overview on the Pocono Raceway site.
Registered last night, for the 19th. Today's the last day for the cheaper rate.
I did the single infield last year, and I'm doing it again. Nascar turn 1 is.....humbling :yup:. Biggest difference from V-day, is that your the only V. With just suspension work, the V kicked a$$. 911 tubo, Z06, Gt 500, couldn't keep up with my sedan through the infield :D. It'll be great for your ego when you find out just how great this car is.

Tony

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Registered last night, for the 19th. Today's the last day for the cheaper rate.
I did the single infield last year, and I'm doing it again. Nascar turn 1 is.....humbling :yup:. Biggest difference from V-day, is that your the only V. With just suspension work, the V kicked a$$. 911 tubo, Z06, Gt 500, couldn't keep up with my sedan through the infield :D. It'll be great for your ego when you find out just how great this car is.

Tony
Cool, what run group are you in? I'm doing T&S but I'll try to get out there when your group is out.

-mike

·
Registered
4,001 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool, I can go out in 2-4 and Instructor Group, so I'll make it out in 2!

-mike

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Only issue was when we ran the full NASCAR track (no infield) as the last session of the day, I blew the PS pump. :( I think the centrifical forces of 30 min of left hand turns cavitated the pump.

They trapped me at 145 on the radar gun at the end of the front straight, not bad with 2 guys in the car. The ZR1 only hit 166 in the same spot with a single driver.

:)

I was the only sedan running in the "NASCAR Track" session!

-mike

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Here are some pics. Didn't get to hook up with yah :(

Thanks for the pics :thumbsup:
My throttle body gave out in the first session. Had to leave early.

Tony

1 - 15 of 15 Posts