Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2015 ATS
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get/download a copy of the NA update map DVD for my 2012 CTS-V?
I find it ridiculous after paying so much for a vehicle they wont just let us download to USB and update the maps.
SKU 23455274
I have searched and searched to no avail.

·
Registered
SOLD
228 Posts
You won't be able to install it without an activation code that's tied to your VIN.
The current version came out in 2013 so it looks like the 2014 version will be the final version.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,145 Posts

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
1. We should get these updates free instead of being asked to pay a ridiculous (and frankly insulting) amount.

2. Between 2012 and now there has not been enough highway/hotel/restaurant, etc.. development that would make purchasing the update a smart money choice.

I used my 2009's NAV system, with no update, to drive halfway across the country in 2012 with no troubles whatsoever. Heck, it even found us a little Mom & Pop laundromat in one town.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,145 Posts
1. We should get these updates free instead of being asked to pay a ridiculous (and frankly insulting) amount.

2. Between 2012 and now there has not been enough highway/hotel/restaurant, etc.. development that would make purchasing the update a smart money choice.

I used my 2009's NAV system, with no update, to drive halfway across the country in 2012 with no troubles whatsoever. Heck, it even found us a little Mom & Pop laundromat in one town.
What's the best spark plug for our cars?

Which is the best motor oil?

Are we having fun yet. Yes! Of course, it may be at your expense! :fallingover:

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
What's the best spark plug for our cars?
Which is the best motor oil?
Are we having fun yet. Yes! Of course, it may be at your expense! :fallingover:
Glad I could brighten your day but, don't get what you find so amusing.

·
Registered
14,145 Posts
There are numerous threads and comments - all negative like yours - about the massive GM ripoff that is called GM Nav update. If I could hack that disc I would give it free to everyone here.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
There are numerous threads and comments - all negative like yours - about the massive GM ripoff that is called GM Nav update. If I could hack that disc I would give it free to everyone here.
I would suggest that you have mischaracterized good sense statements as negative comments. Most of us apparently recognize a rip off when we see one.

·
Registered
14,145 Posts
And I would suggest that my entire conversation has been mistakenly mischaracterized as well. I'll just let it go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts