Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Escalade
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi - seems like lots of good info here and if I just had the time I might be able to get my answers. A few simple questions - I just got my first escalde an 05 with 85k on it - runs great and I am enjoying learning all the stuff in the truck. I am thinking about a k&n fipk cold air induction and a DiabloSport Predator to program - how are these choices for some simple hp and mpg gains? any good or bad experiences with either? I have always dropped in a k&n filter in all the airboxes when I get new cars and have one on my motorcycle and always liked them. tia for any help , Joe

·
Registered
2005 Escalade
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i was looking for opinions rather than searching through posts from people that dont offer help like yourself I did look but the search didnt really help

·
Registered
02' EXT
250 Posts
Going out on a limb here, but trashing members of the forum isn't going to get you anymore help than you have already received. Search button is probably your best tool.

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
when your first post to the community is basically 'tell me what to do' (and you don't post any pictures) then you are sure to fail in gaining attention

there's a reason that the graphic below exists

:postpics:

that first will help you gain attention and conversation/discussion

imho the reasons why you didn't get anyone responses was 1) this sub-forum isn't very heavily traffic'd (the first page of threads goes back a few days) & 2) the post itself was lacking good content so anyone who did happen to see it glossed over it and gave it a pass

here's my suggestions

get yourself into the community lounge and post in the picture thread (maybe also start your own thread w/ some pics in the 'garage' sub-forum) - and maybe also join some discussion there

also post your pictures in this thread (i found that thread quickly using a google site search for 'escalade pics')

then maybe you'll see some people notice you and reply to you... then you can pop your 'opinion' question that's been beaten to death on here over the years (or even better - do some searching and find those threads where cai and predator tunes have already been discussed and add your question there rather than post into the ether on your own and get no traction)

many people have already offered up their opinions on these questions and aren't going to re-post every time someone else asks again (plus many of them aren't around frequently anymore)

hope that helps

·
Registered
2005 Escalade
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Going out on a limb here, but trashing members of the forum isn't going to get you anymore help than you have already received. Search button is probably your best tool.
and a senior member of a forum leaving snide remarks for a new member isnt a good way to treat people either - I didnt realize this was a elite group that I obviously cant hang with and it takes as much effort to be a wiseass than it does to actually be helpful

·
Registered
2006 Escalade, 2002 Deville DTS
974 Posts
Yea man.. Rippy was the first person to help you. Not only did he help you, he gave you the information to better help yourself. It's kinda the way around here to Post Pictures of your ride and introduce yourself (for newcomers).. A picture is worth a thousand words, something like that.

so, maybe he didn't feed you.. but he taught you how to fish. lol It looked to me like you ripped him as well, and he was only trying to assist you dude. Now where's your Escalade pictures man?

·
Registered
2005 Escalade
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nah I didnt rip anyone at all - I will take some shots right after I get the few items I ordered to spruce it up I might be able to grab the shots the dealer had up before I bought it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts