Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen or heard or putting nitrous on an SRX v8 yet I think I might wanna try it ? Or a supercharger not much info on either im bored with the exhaust and intake already. So im trying to find more ways to have a ridicilously fast family car. Muhahahahh haha :stirpot:

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
Check out the DTS forum. Look up Supercharged DTS for some basic info.

·
Registered
858 Posts
After much pre-advice research I really liked the rear mounted Squires concept. However, I've been advised that NOX, SC or TC is not advised due to the 10.5:1 compression ratio. Opinion is that serious to fatal damage to pistons, rods, crank, valves and heads would occur. Seems 9:1 ratio is maximum for any boost safety margin.
Plus, I didn't want to give GM a chance at voiding my warranty....who knows would rapid 0-60 acceleration cause the Ultraview to slide off it's track?
Here's the link: http://www.ststurbo.com/
If you try it, or anything else, let us know how it's doing after a few thousand miles!
Good Luck!

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
The Northstar already has inhehrent problems that I dont care to begin to even get into... You need to know what youre doing before you even THINK of doing FI or throwing NOx at it. The V Series Northstars have the displacement bumped down a bit to cope with the additional stress of the FI setup.

·
Registered
2005 SRX N*
72 Posts
I also would like to eventually go to a power adder, preferrably twin T3 Turbos or a supercharger. I would recommend that you explore what can be done with custom tuning for your intake (volant?) and exhaust (corsa?) first, as you will need tuning for either a supercharger or turbos, and the market has been slow to provide custom tunes for even stock applications of the RWD N*.

Another route is to see if the 4.2L "V" N* and computer from an STS-V or XLR-V could be exchanged for the stock 4.6L, but you may have to exchange the transmission also. As far as I know, no-one has tried this, and you'd also be on the "bleeding edge".

Whatever way you go, keep us posted. Also, I'd be very interested to know..
1.) What were the gains (seat of the pants and Dyno) from the intake and exhaust?
2.) What additional gains do you get from a custom tune, assuming you have #1?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts