Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fellow trackers..... Are there any good courses near Jacksonville Florida? I have settled on the beach here for a while and need to get a new track under my belt.

·
Registered
Silver '05 V
1,238 Posts
I've got no information on a road track and I've only seen a few auto cross events. I'll ask some of my vette friends as they have been lived in JAX their whole lives, if there is anything, they will know.

On a separate note, I am going to try and have a few Vs get together in the area. Nothing big, just a meet and greet over some drinks.

·
Registered
NONE
6 Posts
My fellow trackers..... Are there any good courses near Jacksonville Florida? I have settled on the beach here for a while and need to get a new track under my belt.
I apologize I wrote this all up with the intention of having links to all the facilities and clubs but apparently I don't have enough posts or time at this site yet to post them. I'd say PM me for them BUT, I don't think that is unlocked for me either....

This area of central and northern florida probably has more tracks than almost anywhere else.
The two closest to you are probably going to be
the European Rally and Performance Driving School in Keystone Heights (nearest larger town is Starke about 15min up the road)
They just opened up a new paved road course in addition to their existing rally trails, never heard a bad thing about them. The track looked beautiful when I flew over it leaving the airport its at last weekend.
The other close one for you would be Gainesville Raceway's test track.
I've run this track a number of times and while its in very nice condition with some decent turns its a very short track and not very well laid out for lapping days. It better suits long autocross style events with a single or two lap format. There is just not enough room to really put multiple cars on there.
Both the Central Florida Region SCCA and Martin Sports Car Club run autocrosses there.
The Ocala kart facility used to run cars on the track years ago but I've not heard of any in recent years. No idea if the Jax karting track did or does the same.
In Orlando there is a road course that has also recently opened up in an industrial complex called the Central Florida Racing Complex.
I will say that while having not run there yet I'm not thrilled with it. Their have been a number of safety concerns as there is not much, if any, run off. A guy I crewed with a couple of months ago had already lost one car to that track.
If your willing to driver a bit further Sebring is a wonderful place to run at.
The track formerly known as Moroso, now Palm Beach International Raceway, finished a new track project that is apparently really good.
Homestead Miami speedway also has lapping days but would be quite a haul.
up near Savannah you have Roebling Road, good track, well maintained from all I've heard and has a number of track day programs.

For lapping days I've run with both Safe Motorsports and Chinn Motorsports.
Both groups are really good and put on a nice event. I would recomend anyone try them out.
you will notice that Daytona is not on the list. Unfortunately while literally in my back yard (half a mile down the road) they do not do any sort of lapping days there. Its either SCCA road racing, HSR or the very rare PCA event.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS V
52 Posts
I've got no information on a road track and I've only seen a few auto cross events. I'll ask some of my vette friends as they have been lived in JAX their whole lives, if there is anything, they will know.

On a separate note, I am going to try and have a few Vs get together in the area. Nothing big, just a meet and greet over some drinks.
You know I'm in. When and where. I have a friend who has one like yours. We were at the cars and coffee. Where were you? A Red 06 showed up nice guy have his number will tell him if we do this get together.

Attachments

·
Registered
Silver '05 V
1,238 Posts
I apologize I wrote this all up with the intention of having links to all the facilities and clubs but apparently I don't have enough posts or time at this site yet to post them. I'd say PM me for them BUT, I don't think that is unlocked for me either....

This area of central and northern florida probably has more tracks than almost anywhere else.
The two closest to you are probably going to be
the European Rally and Performance Driving School in Keystone Heights (nearest larger town is Starke about 15min up the road)
They just opened up a new paved road course in addition to their existing rally trails, never heard a bad thing about them. The track looked beautiful when I flew over it leaving the airport its at last weekend.
The other close one for you would be Gainesville Raceway's test track.
I've run this track a number of times and while its in very nice condition with some decent turns its a very short track and not very well laid out for lapping days. It better suits long autocross style events with a single or two lap format. There is just not enough room to really put multiple cars on there.
Both the Central Florida Region SCCA and Martin Sports Car Club run autocrosses there.
The Ocala kart facility used to run cars on the track years ago but I've not heard of any in recent years. No idea if the Jax karting track did or does the same.
In Orlando there is a road course that has also recently opened up in an industrial complex called the Central Florida Racing Complex.
I will say that while having not run there yet I'm not thrilled with it. Their have been a number of safety concerns as there is not much, if any, run off. A guy I crewed with a couple of months ago had already lost one car to that track.
If your willing to driver a bit further Sebring is a wonderful place to run at.
The track formerly known as Moroso, now Palm Beach International Raceway, finished a new track project that is apparently really good.
Homestead Miami speedway also has lapping days but would be quite a haul.
up near Savannah you have Roebling Road, good track, well maintained from all I've heard and has a number of track day programs.

For lapping days I've run with both Safe Motorsports and Chinn Motorsports.
Both groups are really good and put on a nice event. I would recomend anyone try them out.
you will notice that Daytona is not on the list. Unfortunately while literally in my back yard (half a mile down the road) they do not do any sort of lapping days there. Its either SCCA road racing, HSR or the very rare PCA event.
More info that I think I would have been able to obtain. Nice work. Got me itching to try one of these out.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice work and greatly appreciated. I am starting my track research now.....
http://gorally.com/erssite/ This is the European Rally Site. 2 mile course.

http://www.gainesvilleraceway.com/apcm/templates/trackinfo.asp?articleid=1912&zoneid=69 Your right on it being smallish.

Central Florida Racing Complex looks like a joke unless your a karter. No run off??? Its a big parking lot and looks deadly.

Homestead was my home track so I guess I spolied. I haven't been to Moroso since they changed the name. Sebring is the best and my favorite(17 ways to take turn 17). I am going to stick to the longer tracks.

I'll find a nice long one somewhere.

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,082 Posts
Sebring anyone? Not a killer drive for you, and it's nice and long (although it likes to eat CTS-V Ball joints, ehhh John?)

http://www.sebringraceway.com/

Chin does an event there after the 12 hour race, on the same exact course.

BTW Chin > * as far as I'm concerned. Definately my favorite group to run with.

-Chris

·
Registered
Cadillac
696 Posts
I did it at Gainesville....small tight course, but it makes you learn the car...quickly. Also, alot of badass cars show up...check out bucaneer region autocross I think its called.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts