Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where i can find a chip or programmer for my 97 etc i have exhaust, intake, plugs, wires, ceramic brakes and new rotors i want so more power what other mods are out there. what would happen if i removed the resonator i dont know what it does and also should i get a new cat. I also read something that you can override some functions on the ECM like spark timing and such does any one know how to do this. :gun2: :gun: :cop:

·
Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
1,164 Posts
ELDORACER said:
does anyone know where i can find a chip or programmer for my 97 etc i have exhaust, intake, plugs, wires, ceramic brakes and new rotors i want so more power what other mods are out there. what would happen if i removed the resonator i dont know what it does and also should i get a new cat. I also read something that you can override some functions on the ECM like spark timing and such does any one know how to do this. :gun2: :gun: :cop:
How many times are you going to post this? Can't you wait a couple days? Don't you have anything better to do??? Go read the answers to your annoying posts in other forums before you go posting it again! :rant2:

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
Hey your not too far wanna get together and race'm? Btw did you notice a difference with your intake?

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
Eldoracer, you say you have done your exhaust? What have you done? Get rid of the resonators. You don't need them. Open up the piping from the mufflers back to at least 2.5". You haven't done the exhaust if you haven't at least done that.

When you say you have done your plugs, I hope that they are still acDelcos. They are the best for the North*. Their center electrode and ground electrode are both platinum unlike others. This topic has been covered numerous times.

There is no upgrade for your chip. If you had an OBD1 caddy, it would have been a possibility.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i did notice a little increase but my stock paper filter was pretty dirty also where do you live i live in mentor oh east of cleveland

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was messing with my intake today and found some stupid screen in the MAF sensor housing(plastic piece before throttle body) i took the housing off and removed the screen it is about a half inch thick and has tiny holes to let the air through i thought it is probably useless. nothing bad so far little extra responce maybe a few ponies try this one ETC

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
That stupid screen was your MAF screen. You aren't going to gain any hp by removing it. You do risk damaging the sensor. Hope you were careful.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,789 Posts
That "stupid little screen" is not a "screen". It is an airflow straightener. Removing it will gain you nothing and may allow the MAF sensor to get incorrect signals, thus causing drivability problems. You do more harm than good by removing it. It was put there for a reason by well educated and knowledgable engineers. I'd replace it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
aim sn is Bdubz432 whats yours ETC and the screen was not important any car that i worked on did not have a "air straightner" on it no problems yet. a bolt did come loose on my caliper and started rattling i wonder if it had something to do with that screen

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,789 Posts
Suit yourself, but I have to ask. What do you think you are accompishing by removing it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts