Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS V Sport Premium
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when I drive off I get a series of 4 chimes. No messages on the dash, though. Any ideas what that might be?

·
Registered
04 CTS, 08 CTS, 12 CTS Prem, 14 CTS Prem, 16 ATS-V, 18 CTS-V
252 Posts
Like ohio guy said it could be something in the passenger seat, an electronic device somehow causes interference with the occupancy sensor too, my iPad alone in the passenger seat will set it off.

·
Registered
2014 CTS V Sport Premium
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, that''s plausible; I'll check my passenger seat next time I hear them. It's def not the speed limit setting as it only happens when I'm starting from stop.

·
Registered
14' CTS 3.6
41 Posts
WGross said:
Like ohio guy said it could be something in the passenger seat, an electronic device somehow causes interference with the occupancy sensor too, my iPad alone in the passenger seat will set it off.
My iPhone 6 causes the passenger seat occupancy sensor to beep. It's pretty annoying so I have to put the phone somewhere else. It's very intermittent though.

·
Registered
2014 CTS 2.0T AWD Premium (Phantom Grey/Morello Red)
43 Posts
I've had the same thing happened to me a couple times. Phantom chimes.... I had seat belt on and there was no message displayed or any lights that came on, just the chime sound. I'm not sure what caused it, but it doesn't happen often. I wouldn't worry about it, probably just a software glitch.

·
Registered
'14 V sport
88 Posts
Look up next time. There is a passenger airbag light up there and it will be flashing while you hear chiming if that is indeed what is causing it. Happens to me all the time when I put my phone over there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts