Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 eldorado
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im having a mysterious leak in my 2000 Eldorado. Ive looked for leaks, but cant seem to find any. Everyday im having to add a couple quarts because its completely empty when i check it. What could i do to figure out the issue? what should i check? thanks

·
Registered
2000 eldorado
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
when the car is cold, i have no fluid on the stick, is this normal? because im reading that some cars have the dry sump unit, and there should be no fluid on the stick when the engine is off.. and halfway up when the engine is idling warm in P. is this true for this car?

·
Registered
2006 XJ, 2000 Eldorado ESC--total loss :(
1,180 Posts
No oil under the car, on the engine or transmission? That much fluid loss has to show up somewhere on these cars. Check your cooler lines for leaks around the radiator tank, and check your coolant to see if it's leaking into the cooling system.

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado
2,814 Posts
If the car is not running there is no oil in the sump. It must be running and needs to be driven 20-30 miles to get it to operating temp.

It would be a big no-no to over-fill the transmission.

·
Registered
2000 eldorado
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
figured it out, it was one of the lines that go from the tranny to the radiator, thanks for all your help guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts